Crystal Reports — An Informal Survey

I have a few questions about the cfreport tag and the use of Crystal Reports in general.

1. How many of you out there use the cfreport tag to generate Crystal Reports?
  2. What version of reports do you generate?
  3. What do you use the reports for?
  4. How important is the cfreport tag to you?

Feel free to answer here or email me directly.

10 Responses to Crystal Reports — An Informal Survey

1. Bcrim says:

1. 1 as far as I know.2. 83. Reporting. JK/ public school data4. very

2. Patrick Whittingham says:

1. No – to slow for CF 4.x, 5.02.Currrenlty have CR 8 to 9.0. Would like to use CR 8.0, 8.5 and 9.03. Financial, HRMS, Budgets, CEO reports.4. If you made it faster, it would give an option other than Crystal Reports web Component Server (CR 8.0) or Crystal Enterprise (CR 9.0 ).TIA,PatIT Sr Web DeveoperUnited Space Alliance – main contractor for NASA regarding the space shuttle w/10,000+ employees.just my 2 cents…..

3. cperkins says:

I have Coldfusion MX and Crystal Reports 9.0. I’d love to use these programs together if I could figure out how to get them to work together. Where is the detailed step by step information about how to integrate them. I’ve used the examples in the Coldfusion books and they did’nt work and Crystal Reports documentation does not even mention Coldfusion. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4. http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/ts/documents/cfmx_crystal85.htmInstalling Crystal Reports 8.5 with the Typical or Complete installation options will not integrate properly with ColdFusion MX. This TechNote explains the steps to install Crystal Reports 8.5 for integration with ColdFusion MX.Integrating Crystal Reports 8.5 with ColdFusion MX

5. Ben Wolf says:

My company currently has about 60 reports that we use. However, we are working on a new versoin and we are making a few stylistic changes to our reports. So, I’m looking for a good way to capture some of these style changes so that I can apply them to all of the reports. Any ideas??? I am attempting to learn how to use the XML Expert in Crystal. Is XML the best solution to my problem? If so, where can I find good instructions on how to use the XML Expert?

6. purab says:

am new to use crystal reports with coldfusion ..Iam trying to add a crystal report to a coldfusion file..its showing me errors..iam using a simple tag..iam getting this error when i run the cfm file with above code.”An unexpected error occurred while using the Crystal Engine. Unable to find error details file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\\cfr\ERROR.TXT, error was: Error attempting to open file to be mapped. “what could be the problem…am i missing any elements in the tag..the report file exists in that folder..i can use the report using crystal reports but when i try to use in coldfusion then its giving errors..how should i check if the crystal reports is working fine with coldfusion?iam using crystal reports 9 with coldfusion mx 6/6.1…does anybody know if both are not compatible..check this link…http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/releasenotes/mx/mx61_known_problems.html and go to 51249 information..it says its compatible..but i followed the procedure described there and its still not working…

7. J says:

Hi I am facing the same problem as above post, but I am using Crystal Report 10 and coldfusion mx 6.1.Have you solved the problem? What can I do to make it work?I am totally new using Crystal Report with ColdFusion.Regards,J

8. Ian Skinner says:

We have several dozen Crystal reports on our intranet. We HATE the way Crystal 8.5 and 9 impliment their enterprise server and would love for better intergration with our ColdFusion MX profesional server. We currently provide a link to the crystal entreprise ASP HTLM Viewer passing the name of the report. This is ugly, slow and printing is a multi-step nightmare.I just found the Technotes this last Friday (July 2nd) and I am planing to give them a try the first chance I get. To see if we can use the functionality of the cfreport tag to provide a better reporting experince.WE ARE REALLY looking forward to the (hopefully) new functionality of the ColdFusion Report Generation deomonstrated by Ben at our local user group.Of course, we will have to migrate all our current crystal reports, not a small task. But it could be very well worth it to us.

9. Julie Johnson says:

I would like more information about how you use Crystal Enterprise to view reports using ColdFusion. We’ve tried in vain for 2 years now and I’ve had it up to here. We’ve tried 9.0, 8.5 and even 8.0 all to no avail. Wish one of the 2 companies would care a little about how many complaints they are getting.

10. Venkat says:

Calling Crystal report from coldfusion but I am not getting report. How can I integrate Crystal report with Coldfusion.Thanks,Venkat