Home From TODCON

I arrived back in San Francisco this afternoon from TODCON in
Las Vegas. It was really an excellent conference. I want to personally
thank
Ray West of Community
MX
for organizing the event (and for the blackjack tips).

This was my second TODCON, and what I really like about this conference is the
feeling of community among the group. It’s a relatively small
conference, but pretty much everyone knows each other, or will get to know each
other by the end. In most cases, attendees are friends as well as colleagues. That
doesn’t mean TODCON is a social event, though. Although there are obviously plenty
of opportunities for socializing, during the day, sessions are focused and informative,
and small enough to be very interactive.

I don’t want to start listing names of people I met and new friends I made for
fear of leaving someone out, but you guys know
who you are. I enjoyed the sessions and the time with the Macromedia community,
and I hope to see you all again next year, if not sooner.

8 Responses to Home From TODCON

1. Michael Walker says:

Sounds like fun. I wish I had the opportunity to go this year, but there is always next year. Is the event always held in Las Vegas every year?

2. Christian Cantrell says:

I believe it was in Orlando last year. The year before was Vegas. I think Ray likes to mix it up a bit.

3. Ray has, in the past, mixed it up (though it’s been in both Orlando and Vegas twice)… However, a vote was taken at the final session and it seemed that coming back to Vegas had an overwhelming majority. So who can say?(The fact that Ray, and other attendees, enjoy Moker — your comment filter wouldn’t let me spell it right, so be sure to read it with a P in front — may also influence the ultimate desicion… ;))

4. Christian Cantrell says:

Ah, yes. As Stephanie points out, “Moker” is cetainly an important consideration.

5. Kevin Schmidt says:

Yeah, I had a good time. It was certainly one of the more interesting trips I’ve had to Vegas.

6. Hey Christian – it was great to meet and hang out with you during TODcon (Scott’s post details the adventures a bit more).I just wanted to follow-up on the conversation we had about AJAX apps. I had posted a bit of a rant about it when the acronym first made its way into my office, and thought you might enjoy it:http://www.rhjr.net/blog/2005/03/ajax-not-about-technology-at-all.htmlTake care, man. See ya next time around.

7. John says:

Yeah for Vegas!!! Of course I live here.. so it makes the decision easy for me.

8. Jim Babbage says:

Hey Christian! It was great to meet you at TODCON. FYI, I will have some pics ready for primetime in a day or so. I’ll try to post a link here, but failing that, I will make a mention in my CMX blog when the galleries are ready.Jim Babbage