I’m at Flashforward in Seattle this week, and whenever I go to Flash conferences, I’m always amazed to see all the different ways people are using Flash. I’m mostly consumed with Flex these days, so I tend to forget about all the other places Flash is appearing. In the last day, I’ve seen Flash discussed in the following contexts:
- Mobile. FlashCast and Flash Lite 2.0.
- Cars. The new Jaguar XK uses Flash for the dashboard user interface.
- Cameras. The Kodak EasyShare has a completely Flash interface with a touch screen.
- Toys. Leapfrog has a couple toys with 100% Flash interfaces.
- Gaming consoles. The Xbox 360 has a Flash Player embedded for downloadable games.
- Video. YouTube, Google Video, etc.
And, of course, in the browser for just about everything you can think of. Am I missing anything?