Apollo Sample Application Source Code

I finally got around to releasing the source code for my sample Apollo applications. Sorry it took so long. The applications and the source code can be downloaded here.

A couple of important notes:

  • These apps are intended to work only the public alpha of Apollo, and they will not work with any earlier or later version (I will update them accordingly, though).
  • Lookup requires corelib and the dictionary protocol library I wrote in order to compile. I included SWCs in the lib directory, so just link them in to your project, and it should compile just fine.
  • I wasn’t able to release the source code for Maptacular because it uses an embedded font that we don’t have the rights to distribute. If you’re really interested in how Maptacular works, you can download the source code here, but it doesn’t have the fonts in it, so it won’t compile. If you know what you’re doing, you can fix it either by removing the dependency on the embedded font (which will screw up some of the effects), or by embedding another font (which is the easiest solution). Just drop the .ttf file in the assets directory, and you should be good to go. A quick glance at the top of Maptacular.mxml should make things clear.
  • The Maptacular application has the vCard parsing code embedded in it which I have since extracted, improved, and moved into its own class in corelib.
  • These are sample and demo applications which haven’t been thoroughly tested, and probably aren’t the most feature-rich, intuitive applications you have ever used. Most of them were designed to exercise and validate Apollo APIs rather than to solve real-world problems. That said, I think they’re decent and fun little apps. I’m especially fond of PixelPerfect for some reason.
  • Speaking of PixelPerfect, you will have to read through the source code to see all that it can do. Try right-clicking on a ruler, hitting shift+n, using the arrow keys to move the ruler, and using shift+arrows to scale the ruler.