Lineup: an Exchange calendar viewer for AIR

I did a screencast of an Exchange calendaring application I wrote for AIR. Click here to watch it.

It’s one of the most useful applications I’ve written so far, and probably the most popular within Adobe. It lets you view your Exchange calendar, and it notifies you of upcoming meetings. It also works offline, so you can view your calendar and get meeting details while you’re between internet connections.

Lineup uses all the following open source ActionScript 3 libraries:

• as3corelib: various utilities like advanced date parsing.
  • as3exchangelib: talks to Exchange servers.
  • as3nativealertlib: a modal alert that appears in its own native window.
  • as3notificationlib: creates notification windows, and provides a layer of abstraction on top of OS-specific notifications.
  • as3preferenceslib: manages application preference persistence, including encryption when necessary.

The complete source code for Lineup itself is also available on Google Code, or you can simply click on the badge below to install it.

AIR Badge

var lineupBadge = new SWFObject(“/cantrell/air_apps/badge.swf”, “badge”, 217, 180, “9”, “#ffffff”);
lineupBadge.addVariable(‘appname’, ‘Lineup’);
lineupBadge.addVariable(‘appurl’, ‘http://weblogs.macromedia.com/cantrell/air_apps/Lineup.air’);
lineupBadge.addVariable(‘airversion’, ‘1.0’);
lineupBadge.addVariable(‘imageurl’, ‘/cantrell/air_apps/lineup.png’);
lineupBadge.write(‘lineup_div’);

10 Responses to Lineup: an Exchange calendar viewer for AIR

1. Right on. I bookmarked all the libs. Thank you.

2. Raul Riera says:

This is great, I have been looking for a Flex Calendar so I can turn it into a component, the schedule framework (oddly I saw you didnt use it) its just not that easy to implement that kind of navigation.

3. Raul Riera says:

Hmmm the code is kind of large to download (specfially the assets part) any chance it could be included in a ZIP?

4. Rob says:

How would I use the AS Libs in an html/Ajax Air app?Thanks for the great work

5. Al says:

Incredible work!Thank you for open sourcing it too, gives a great insight into how structure applications in Air.Furthermore, you used Cairngorm in a way that’s made it all make sense!Thank you.

6. RJ says:

Hey Christian – what’s the status on being able to use Lineup to create meetings? I’m considering getting your latest code and trying to add that feature, but I don’t want to duplicate your effort if you’re already working on it.

7. I’m not actively developing it right now, so I’d love it if you added that feature!Thanks,Christian

8. deve says:

Hi Christian,I wanted to explore exchange protocol and some new features to as3exchangelib, could you help where can i find the resources?Thanks,/deve

9. mathieu says:

Hi, I downloaded complete source codebut the program doesn’t recognize the type’Services’ in the main class ‘lineup.mxml’what is the problem ???Thanks

10. Pallab says:

Hi,I encountered the same problem as Mathieu.Does anyone has any idea ??Thanks