Adobe Feeds Update

The new launch of Adobe Feeds (MXNA) has gone well, but there are two issues I’m seeing people report:

1. Maybe people have been getting "Header Length Too Large" errors. Interestingly, this comes from cookie-related code that CF7 tolerated, but CF8 doesn’t. Anyway, the problem has been fixed. If you’re still seeing the error message, clear your feeds.adobe.com cookies, and it will never come back.
  2. It seems the web services are broken. This is probably the result of the query optimizations I made. I didn’t test all the web services, so they’re probably incompatible with the changes I made. Oops. Sorry about that. I’ll get this fixed in the next couple of days, and report back when they’re working again.

We’ll get Feeds back to 100% in the next week or so. Please be patient with us!

8 Responses to Adobe Feeds Update

1. Carlos says:

Hi Christian,1st of all, congratulations for your and team job. It wasn’t a easy task, and you did it in less than 2 weeks.Now about the AXNA (MXNA), there is an issue on the articles, where we should see a star (left side) indicating that it’s new. Although it seems we loosed that indication. It’s just an error, or it was intentional?All the Best,Carlos

2. Man, Carlos. You’re quick! I just removed this feature, and you noticed right away.Unfortunately, I had to remove the feature to fix the header length problem. I will look into addressing the actual cause of the error in the future. Right now, I just needed to get Feeds working for people again.Sorry for the inconvenience.Christian

3. joshua cyr says:

I am guessing that our old ping urls still work right? do domain changes there?

4. John Dowdell says:

Thanks for the cookie-clearing tip… I just had the symptom in FF/Win, and just removed it via the FF Web Developer extension, Cookies, Delete Domain Cookies.jd

5. nate says:

I’m totally excited for the adobe feeds update including the optimization.I’m already seeing major improvement, good work.Perhaps now there’d be a way to clean up the feeds to make sure there aren’t any duplicates in the db? I’ve seen when some people make posts it shows up several times in a row.That would be a hot addition.

6. Saeed Ashour says:

i’ve seen a lot of old post show up these days in mxna !! is that normal?

7. PaulH says:

christian,first off, man the new site simply flies. thanks for the effort.while you’re fixing stuff, any chance to put the kibosh on “barfing blogs”? feeds is still subject to this phenomena same as the old app. maybe just a simple “governor” limiting blog posts?

8. Yes, your old ping URLs should work because they will be redirected, but I recommend updating them to point to feeds.adobe.com in case the redirects aren’t around forever.Thanks,Christian