Requests to provide the right-click functionality in Adobe Captivate have been a long standing one. The Flash player prevents the access of the right-click and uses it for its purposes. This prevents people from creating simulations of those scenarios where the application being captured required a right-click very commonly used in context-sensitive popup menus.There have been many workarounds on implementing the Right-Click functionality in Adobe Captivate over the years, some of which are listed below:
Now you do not need to use these workarounds any more, Adobe Captivate 4, makes this possible out of the box. All you have to do is insert a click box, go to clickbox’s properties->Options->right mouse click
and now this click box will accept right click while movie is playing and perform the action
whatever you have asked for.
That’s not all, if you were capturing a movie in assessment mode, it would automatically generate, a Right-Click Box for every right-click done during capture.
Here is one small demo which shows how would your right-click movie look like.
Points to remembering while working with Right-Click in Captivate 4:
1. Security Setting: Ensure that the SWF you published is in Flash Player’s trusted path. If you are publishing to
default folder (%My Document%\My Adobe Captivate Project) then you do not need worry about security settings as captivate automatically adds that path into trusted path of flash player.
2. Disable accessibility: In order to make Right-click work you will need to disable Accessibility from
Adobe Captivate 4-> Preferences->Project->Publish settings->Enable Accessibility
3. Right-Click will not work in stand-alone SWF file.
4. PDF and AVI publish: Right-Click doesn’t work in PDF and AVI publish.
5. EXE publish: Right-Click work for AS2 EXE publish but not for AS3 EXE publish
6. Preview (F4/F8/F10): Right-Click work for AS2 movies but not for AS3 movies
7. Preview (F12, in Web Browser): Right-Click works for both AS2 & AS3.
8. SWF Publish (the standard one) : Works for both AS2 and AS3.
9. Flash Player Version: Right Click Doesn’t work for movie published Flash Player versions
earlier than 8.0