Adobe Captivate 4 patch is now LIVE!
Today we released a patch for Adobe Captivate 4 patch. The key driver for this patch was the degradation in audio quality as reported by some of our customers. This update fixes several elements that were causing issues in the audio workflow. It also includes fixes for some other niggling concerns that were reported/ discovered post launch. The full details are below.
Do note that the Captivate 4 patch is not a critical update and hence will not be downloaded automatically on your systems. You will need to follow the menu items ‘Help > Updates’ and download the patch update. Once the update installs, Captivate 4 version number should read 1658.
Let me now run you through the fixes which have been included in this patch:
- Audio Quality improvement –
- In Captivate 4, some users observed poor audio quality in the published movie. We’ve addressed all the elements that caused this issue. With this patch you will see a noticeable improvement in the audio quality.
- USB Microphone support for Vista setups and working well with RealTek and Sigma Tel soundcards –
Captivate failed to recognize USB microphones on the Vista OS. Also, in some instances, specific sound cards were not recognized. Both these issues have now been resolved in the patch.
- Open another project’ now works from any location –
In Captivate 4, the navigation option ‘open another project’ was based on an absolute path. This led to issues when these linked projects were published and moved to a different location. This has now been resolved.
- Inserting objects at playhead position –
We have worked on an important productivity issue. Now it’s possible to insert objects at the exact position the playhead is on. This is helpful for content developers as they can easily play the slide on timeline, pause the slide at a specific time, and insert objects at the playhead position.
- Memory Leak in Image insertion and Editing –
Few customers had reported memory leak issues while inserting and editing images. These have been investigated. The leak was significant only in a specific case and has been resolved now.
- Image quality while resizing is improved -
There was some degradation in the image quality when images were resized inside Captivate 4. This patch will help address this.
- HTML page Title –
Captivate now picks up the title name from Project preferences > Project name section. This name appears as the HTML title when the project is published and viewed in a browser.
- Question Type identification by LMS –
This addresses a specific scenario in LMS reporting. We have worked on the way the question type data is reported to LMS systems.
- PPT slides containing Master Templates work well with Captivate –
Some PPT files containing Master templates were getting corrupted once published from Captivate 4. This has now been resolved.
- Widget Template is modified –
Widget template had a few undefined variables which created compiling problems. This has been sorted out in this patch update.
We believe this patch will enhance your Captivate 4 experience. We look forward to your feedback on this.
Update: All those who cannot use the auto-updater to install the patch, can now download it from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/captivate/downloads.html