Many of you have approached me regarding Adobe eLearning Suite training. The need for good training and possibly a certification that adequately covers the suite specific workflows and shared tools (like the SCORM packager, LMS adapter, Flash learning interactions, etc.) continues to be the single biggest request I hear from the eLS user base.
Recently a couple of vendors have started offering training on eLearning Suite. One is Element K (and we should have this available on the Adobe store at some point); the other is Lodestone. Lodestone offers an instructor-led 5 day intensive course on eLearning Suite. The course is designed for ‘beginning users of the Adobe eLearning Suite who have no previous multimedia content creation experience.’ In this course, the participants will learn the following:
- Understand the eLearning Suite workflow process and storyboarding.
- Record software demonstrations and simulations.
- Use Captivate to build soft skill, scenario and quiz based training.
- Learn the foundations of Adobe Flash.
- Build animations that support learning concepts in Flash.
- Understand the relationship between Captivate and Flash.
- Convert PowerPoint files into Flash media with Adobe Presenter.
- Use Photoshop to build layouts in Captivate.
- Edit artwork in Photoshop for use in Captivate and Flash.
- Use Dreamweaver for simple HTML editing and CourseBuilder interactions.
- Edit audio in SoundBooth.
- Learn publishing strategies for eLearning.
You can find more details and sign up for the course here.