Install this patch to fix the issues that occur while upgrading earlier versions of Adobe Captivate projects to Adobe Captivate 5.
- Take a backup of the file VeelaUpgrader.dll.
- Download the Zip File.
- Unzip the contents, rename AdobePatchInstaller.abc to AdobePatchInstaller.exe
- Double click set-up file. The patch gets installed, replacing the old VeelaUpgrader.dll file with the new one.
- Take a backup of the VeelaUpgrader framework file.
- Download the attached file.
- Rename the Adobecaptivate-5.0-core-Update.zip to Adobecaptivate-5.0-core-Update.dmg
- Mount the dmg file and then install the patch installer.
- The patch gets installed, replacing the old VeelaUpgrader framework file with the new one.
When an earlier version of Adobe Captivate project is upgraded to Adobe Captivate 5, the following issues were observed:
- The output options specified in the Publish dialog box are not retained.
- Adobe Captivate 5 crashes when an Adobe Captivate 4 project containing a matching question slide with column 2 options at a higher z-order than column 1 options, is opened in Adobe Captivate 5.
- If the earlier version of Adobe Captivate project had the ‘Contain’ operator in advanced actions, the script contents are not displayed in the project after the upgrade.
- If the earlier version of Adobe Captivate project had Arial Regular font for matching question column 1, the font is changed to Arial Narrow font after the upgrade.
- The slides that were deleted in the earlier version of Adobe Captivate project are also shown in the TOC.
- A projectwith Audio of custom bit rate less than 32 kbps does not play the audio properly.
- Inverted quotes for answers in correct entries appear in Text Entry Boxes.