Table of Contents (aka TOC) feature was introduced in Adobe Captivate 4. It was an immediate hit with Adobe Captivate users and we had gotten lot of feedback and enhancement requests for this feature. We are glad that we have been able to absorb most of it. These enhancements make TOC much more powerful, more usable and good looking. I am writing down some of the enhancements below –
Go to Settings Dialog (Project -> Table of Contents -> Settings) to try out all this.
1. TOC can be shown along side the content or it can be shown in an overlay mode. In Overlay mode, the learner can call the TOC by clicking on a small icon. With Adobe Captivate 5, this small icon can be customized. You can supply an image for this icon. Whats more, you can give a separate image for expanding and collapsing the TOC.
2. Adobe Captivate 5 gives more control on the width of the TOC. Now this is customizable and you can specify the width in pixels.
3. Now you can specify the default state of the group of entries when the course begins. You can set it to collapsed, so when the TOC is shown, all the groups will be collapsed. For long courses, it lets learner to see the contents in one view without having to scroll.
4. You can specify the different Rollover color for entries at each level.
5. You have an option to specify if the background of the TOC entries should be flat or have gradient. This helps in merging the TOC Theme with contents better as contents may not be having gradients.
6. In the TOC Preview (Skin Editor), the overlay TOC is shown as open by default. This will allow you to quickly see the effects of changes you are making for the overlay mode as well.
7. TOC is accessible now. It works properly with Screen Readers as well as Keyboard navigation works fine.
Try out all these new exiting enhancements along with cool new features of Adobe Captivate 5 and let us know your feedback.