There was an update to Flash Player on the 4th of November to version 10.1.102.64, which causes Captivate 5 SWFs with Text animations to either fail to run or show a black screen or show a white screen. We have been able to nail down the root cause for this issue. Meanwhile, couple of workarounds which can be used to overcome the issue are as follows:
1. Remove Text animations in your project and republish the project.
- You can find text animations easily using “Find And Replace” palette. Use Edit->Find And Replace to open “Find And Replace” palette.
- Then in “Search In” Combo Box on that palette, you need to select “Text Animation” and hit “Find All” button.
- The list box below will show all text animations. Selecting each element of list box will move you to the slide containing the text animation and select the text animation. You can then delete the text animations.
2. Or roll back to the previous version of Flash player on the computer that is playing Cp swf -
Details about rolling back to an earlier version of Flash player -
Please follow the following steps:
1. Go to Settings, Control Panel.
2. Open Add/Remove Programs dialog.
3. Select Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX and click ‘Remove’ button.
If you have any difficulty with the above steps, then you try the following.
1. If you are not able to install this version of Flash Player then follow the link http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html in your browser.
2. Click on Windows: uninstall_flash_player.exe
3. Save this uninstaller on your machine and run it to do a clean un-install.
4. Try to run flashplayer10r45_2_winax.exe to install Flash Player ActiveX once again. (Beginning with Step 4 above.)
2. Select “I want to uninstall Flash Player”.
3. Select the appropriate MAC OS and follow the Steps mentioned.
Installing an older version of flash player:
1. Open your browser and go to this link – http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_10.1.85.3_and_9.0.283_archive.zip
2. Extract the zip file and then open “Flash Player 10.1.85.3” folder.
3. From this folder, select Flash Player for your platform and install it.
This issue is fixed and the fix is available here.