Oftentimes when we create assessments for Compliance courses; we have a requirement of randomizing questions in the assessment. Adobe Captivate 5 can be really useful in creating such assessments with the help of a question pool and random questions.
Now let’s make it a little complex. You have a compliance course, which has five sections. You want the assessment to be randomized, but you want to be sure that at least two questions from each section should appear in the assessment. Sounds complicated? Adobe Captivate will help you simplify this!
Here’s an assessment with 10 questions, and 2 questions coming from each section.
Follow these simple steps to create a controlled random assessment:
- First we need to add five question pools corresponding to each section. To do so, click Quiz > Question Pool Manager.
- To add a pool, click the + symbol on the top left corner.
- To add questions to this pool, click the + symbol on the top right corner.
- Insert the required number of questions and click OK.
- Repeat these steps to add the rest of the pools.
- Click Close.
- Now we will add Random Question slides.
- Click Quiz > Question Slide.
- Add 10 Random Questions and click OK.
- Link two questions with each pool.
Your controlled random assessment is ready!
Let me know if you found this post useful or have any questions by leaving a comment on this post.