In September, we made the HTML5 Converter for Adobe Captivate available on Adobe Labs. With HTML5 Converter, you can easily convert Adobe Captivate generated SWF to HTML5 format and repurpose your countless hours of interactive trainings for mobile devices that do not support Flash content.
We received a lot of positive feedback from customers who were looking for an HTML5 solution and tons of requests for supporting more objects and functionalities, from which quiz and LMS support topped the charts. So here’s the second drop of HTML5 Converter which supports the three main question types: Multiple Choice, True/False and HotSpot. Don’t worry if this doesn’t include one of your favorite questions type — we are working on it! 🙂
You can also create SCORM 1.2 compliant HTML5 quizzes using the converter. Currently the reporting options for LMS are limited to:
Here’s an example of HTML5 Quiz for iPad created using the converter. If you are viewing the quiz on your desktop, open it in Chrome or Safari browser for best results.
Now let’s look at the steps to publish Adobe Captivate quizzes to HTML5 format:
- Create a quiz using Adobe Captivate 5.5. Make sure you include only Multiple Choice, True/False and HotSpot questions.
- Publish the quiz as SWF or as a zipped folder, if you wish to upload the quiz to LMS.
- Run the HTML5 Converter as an administrator.
- To load the SWF or zipped folder in the converter, click Load Captivate SWF.
- To select the destination folder for HTML5 output, click the Browse button.
- Select the Preset and click Convert.
- After conversion, click Launch to view the output. Ensure you view it in Chrome or Safari for best results.
- If you had loaded a zipped folder, click Publish to publish the HTML output in a zipped folder.
Happy Captivating! 🙂