HTML 5 courses published from Adobe Captivate freezes on the latest versions of Google Chrome Browser – 36.0.1985.125. We have investigated the issue and our findings are listed below . BTW ,we are still continuing to investigate if there any potential issue which is unknown at the moment and will keep you folks posted.
So far, we have found the following issues:
- Issue 2: Slide backgrounds with gradients may not appear correctly.
Reason: Captivate uses SVG support to draw slide backgrounds.The w3c draft for SVG: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/struct.html#SVGElementWidthAttribute states that if width and height of SVG element is unspecified, the value should be internally treated as 100%. So, the SVG should be drawn on the entire rectangle. Chrome version 36 requires width and height to be explicitly specified due to this change, slide backgrounds may not appear correctly.
The good news is we have the fix for the above two issues and the steps to patch captivate are below
- Download this file https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=wo37Ob7I-*v3IPc8UGHD*Q and unzip it. You’ll find an index.html file.
- Go to [INSTALLDIR]/HTML file location. For example:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 7\HTML.
- Mac: /Applications/Adobe Captivate 7/HTML.
- Replace the index.html present in the above location with the downloaded file.
Launch Captivate and from now on HTML 5 content will playback without any issues in Chrome 36. The fix is applicable to both version 7 and 8.