January 7, 2013
Description: Adding interactivity to an eLearning course improves the engagement level with the learners. Join Vish and Dr. Pooja Jaisingh in multi-part series to learn about the basics of Actions and Advanced Actions in Adobe Captivate 6. In these sessions, we will be showcasing some real-life eLearning examples to explain the concepts better.
Recording available here
Recording Link for Part 1
Recording Link for Part 2
Recording Link for Part 4
Recording Link for Part 5
Recording Link for Part 6
Recording Link for Part 7
October 22, 2012
We have released an update for Adobe Captivate — version 6.0.1 (Build 240), which is available for download through Help Menu > Updates… This is available for Windows as of now, we will have the Mac version soon. A bunch of key issues are addressed through this update including the following fixes.
- Output from Trial version – Before this update, content created through trial version of Adobe Captivate 6 would expire in 30 days from the project creation. With Adobe Captivate 6.0.1, the published outputs will expire in 30 days from the date of Publishing. Continue reading…
October 3, 2012
You are no longer forced to use the 32-bit version of MS Office, just because you want to create PowerPoint based eLearning. The new 64-bit Presenter 8 now works with your 64-bit MS PowerPoint.
How do you find out if you have 32-bit or 64-bit of MS-Office? It’s very simple, open MS PowerPoint and go to File> ‘About Microsoft PowerPoint’> … it would show you if it is 32-bit or 64-bit.
Do remember, there are separate installers for 32-bit and 64-bit version of Adobe Presenter. So, when you are downloading the installer, make sure you select the correct one.
Download the Adobe Presenter 8 64-bit version here.
August 31, 2012
SCORM and AICC compliance of Captivate has been validated for a set of LMSs. We would be happy to add more LMSs to this list.
- If you are a Captivate user deploying courses on LMS and are interested in seeing your LMS in this list, ask your LMS vendor to get in touch with us at CaptivateLMSSupport@adobe.com.
- If you are an LMS vendor and want to get your LMS added to this list, you can get started with the validation program by performing the following steps:-
1. Download the sample SCORM and AICC courses:
Download Basic package
Download Advanced package
2. Unzip the package and open TestCaseDetails.xls
3. Run the test cases listed in the excel sheet. Run all or specific test cases based on the type of SCORM support on your LMS. For example, if SCORM 2004 is not supported on your LMS then execute only SCORM 1.2 testcases on your LMS.
4. Verify all the test cases and add actual results in the excel sheet.
5. Send the report to CaptivateLMSSupport@adobe.com
6. Once you complete the testing, please provide the results in the same excel sheet and create a test account for Captivate team to do a sanity test.
We will check the report and get back to you if we find any exception. If the results are satisfactory, we will add your LMS in the list of validated LMSs.
August 7, 2012
The Appiness is here and it’s here to stay! And we are proud to present the Adobe Presenter Mobile App to access your Adobe Presenter 8 courses on tablet devices. Exciting, isn’t it?
What’s even more exiting is that you do not have to create two separate courses for Desktop and device consumption. Just publish your course as a SWF and the same course works beautifully on both your iPad and Desktop. You can also track your AICC compliant and Connect courses when accessing them on the iPad. Can’t believe? Even I couldn’t believe it, when I first heard it from the engineers, so I gave it a spin and here are the steps I followed to create and view the course on iPad.
I created a short course on Hospital Hygiene with Continue reading…
May 29, 2012
Topic: LMS Strategies and Implementation with Adobe Captivate
Description: Integrating Adobe Captivate with you Learning Management System (LMS) can be daunting. Join Rick Zannoti, Captivate Community Expert, as he demonstrates how to simplify this process for you. In this webinar, he will be covering LMS basics about SCORM and AICC, Captivate LMS preferences, SCORM Aggregator, course deployment on LMS, and LMS gotchas and things you should be aware of.
Recording Link: http://adobe.ly/MzPKUG
April 3, 2012
Join Kirsten Rourke, Adobe Captivate Expert and Trainer along with Vish and Dr. Pooja Jaising to discuss the essentials during the planning process for your elearning courses. During the session, we will discuss how Storyboarding, planning for assets and navigation is very important to minimize the risks and maximize the productivity
What’s in it for you?
- Plan for your courses in terms of resources and time
- Create storyboards and review them
- Do overall planning for increased productivity
Download the Presentation here
Join Lieve Weymeis, Adobe Captivate Expert and Adobe Education Leader along with Vish and Dr. Pooja Jaising to improve using Advanced Actions in Adobe Captivate. We will learn the best practices to create advanced actions while avoiding pitfalls.
What’s in it for you?
- Prepare advanced actions in a structured way: choosing events, variables, action types
- Use labeling techniques as timesavers (tips)
- Use tricks with variables to shorten editing time
- Test actions (trick)
- Do’s and Don’ts
Know the meaning of variables, having played (minimally) with standard/conditional action.
Join Joseph Caplan, Adobe Captivate Expert along with Vish and Dr. Pooja Jaising to learn how to create videos effectively for Adobe Captivate. During the session, we will also learn the best practices, tools and techniques used for high-quality videos.
What’s in it for you?
- Understand the basics of video production
- Edit the videos using Adobe Premiere Elements
- Use the videos in Adobe Captivate Projects
Join Jay Dutta, Typographer, Designer and Design Evangelist along with Vish and Dr. Pooja Jaising to learn how to play with text and type to create interesting and immersive designs that keeps the learners engaged with your elearning courses. During the session we will also discuss how these principles can effectively be used inside Adobe Captivate.
What’s in it for you?
- Understand how to work with text and type styles to create sticky learning content
- Create clear hierarchies for easy reading
- Create object styles in Adobe Captivate based on the learnings.
January 3, 2012
My Christmas Gift for you was a big hit! So here’s my new year gift for you. Some more course+quiz templates. You can use them to create your Captivate courses. Continue reading…
November 4, 2011
Learning Management Systems (LMS) help you administer, track monitor, and report users’ interactions with your courses. Adobe Captivate lets you create SCORM-and-AICC-compliant courses that you can deploy on various LMSs.
This blog post summarizes the steps involved in making your Captivate courses work with LMSs.
Step 1. Configure your Captivate projects for your LMS
Here’s a video tutorial (3:25) that shows how to configure a project for the SCORM cloud LMS: