If you are attending ‘Hands-on with ColdFusion Builder 2′ lab (BYOD) this year at MAX, then here are a few things you may want to do before the lab session:
- Install ColdFusion9 Standalone version.
- Install ColdFusion Builder 2 Standalone version.
- Download Lab Demo Assets.
Assets will be available for download from BYOD lab download stations in front of rooms 408 and 508 at MAX. Also, you can download the same assets from CFB-Demo Assets-MAX.
- Set up ColdFusion Builder 2 for the lab:
- Configure ColdFusion Server in the Server Manager of ColdFusion Builder
- Create a ColdFusion project in the default workspace
- Create a folder in wwwroot for lab work and link the folder in the project
- Install Apptacular extension. We will use the code generated by Apptacular for most of the lab work
- Use the new features in ColdFusion Builder 2:
- Code Formatter
- Advanced Find & Replace
- New Editor Features
- Code Assist Improvements
- Quick Fix
- Code Navigation
- Tag Block Selection
- Jumping to Matching Tag
- Hover Help
- Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
- Code Folding Enhancements
- Task Management
- Start Page
- (Optional) Use the new ORM CFC Generator Extension to generate ORM CFCs
Note that the Apptacular extension that we use in the lab is a modified version of one available on RIAForge (developed by Terry Ryan). The modifications are minor, we have enabled the extension to generate code in the selected folder of the Navigator. Therefore use the modified extension available in the demo asset.
I am very excited to co-present this lab session. Look forward to your participation…
See you at MAX.
– Ram Kulkarni