After months of being available as a public beta, we’re proud to announce that Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2 is now out the door!
ColdFusion Builder 2 is the next generation of Eclipse-based integrated development environments (IDE), offering ColdFusion developers new features to develop, test and deploy applications in less time through customizable work environments and expanded functionality with extensions built in ColdFusion Markup Language (CFML).
Here’s a snapshot of the new features:
- Professional coding support: Developers can use and customize keyboard shortcuts, color coding, code formatting, code assist, quick fix, code insight and code snippets, speeding up the development process.
- Extend capabilities: CFML can be used to increase the functionality of ColdFusion Builder 2, creating extensions to generate applications, insert blocks of code, create custom views, and expand code assist with customized code proposals.
- Integration with Adobe Flash Builder 4.5: ColdFusion Builder 2 also integrates with Flash Builder 4.5—also announced today—to accelerate the development of Flex and Adobe AIR apps. Flash Builder 4.5 enables developers to introspect CFCs, automatically generate corresponding ActionScript objects and leverage web services.
ColdFusion Builder 2, along with Flash Builder 4.5 and ColdFusion 9, is an important part of the Adobe Flash Platform—the comprehensive set of tools, services and runtimes for creating RIAs. Try it free for 60 days; then you can either purchase the full license or use the Express Edition. The Express Edition allows you to use ColdFusion Builder with basic features such as editor, code assist, and syntax highlighting.
You have the following options to buy ColdFusion Builder 2:
• Upgrade from ColdFusion Builder 1 at US $109
• Get a full licensed version at US $299
• Get a free edition with limited features
• Get a trial license with full feature set for 60 days
• Upgrade from Flash Build 4.5 premium at US $49
• Get CFB as part of Flash Build 4.5 premium at US $699
For pricing information & version comparison, please go to – www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion-builder/buying-guide.html
To buy, please go to – www.adobe.com/go/cfb_buy
To get the Trial version, please go to – www.adobe.com/go/trycoldfusionbuilder
We look forward to your feedback and we hope you’ll visit our blog on future updates and news! To learn more about what’s available in ColdFusion Builder 2, check out these other resources:
- What’s new in ColdFusion Builder 2
- Getting Started with ColdFusion Builder 2
- What’s new with extensions in ColdFusion Builder 2