Some users recently asked for details of Search Server support in ColdFusion 9 and further.
- Future releases of ColdFusion support only Solr, the open-source enterprise search server based on the Lucene Java search library. See Solr Search Support for details.
- ColdFusion 9 supports Verity, but it is deprecated, which means it is still available, but its use is not recommended, and will not be available in future releases.
Hope you have installed the free update for ColdFusion 9 and have started using the new and enhanced features.
Though we provided New Feature Notes for ColdFusion 9.0.1, many users suggested that we revise the ColdFusion Web Help together with updates for ColdFusion 9.0.1.
The latest ColdFusion documentation updated for ColdFusion 9.0.1 is available at the following location:
This documentation release has addressed some comments and issues. We look forward to stronger interaction with our community, and your suggestions and comments for ColdFusion 9.0.1 documentation.
You are welcome to contribute and complement our efforts. There are many ways in which you can do it. For details see the Community Help contributions page.
The first Updater for ColdFusion 9.0 is live. Download the installers from ColdFusion Download Page. The developer tools and additional server installers can be downloaded from the Product Downloads page.
- Go through the Read Me before you download the installers.
- Follow the Installation Guide for assistance while you install the Updater.
- Read the FAQs related to the installation.
- At a glance, see What’s New and Changed in this Release.
- See the Known Issues , accompanied by workarounds (wherever applicable).
- Check out the list of issues fixed in this release. I’m sure you will take some time to go through all as the team has fixed many scores of issues apart from offering a bunch of new features.
- Refer to the New Feature Notes for comprehensive information about the features that are newly added and enhanced in this release.
While using IIS6 for ColdFusion 9 (or ColdFusion 9.0.1), owing to heavy load, if you encounter performance issues, you may increase the number of worker threads.
Go to the directory cf_root\runtime\lib\wsconfig\1.
Note: In multiserver scenarios, the location is jrun_root/lib/wsconfig/1.
1 indicates a single IIS website. If you have configured multiple IIS websites, the number can change accordingly.
Open the file jrun_iis6_wildcard.ini (jrun_iis7_wildcard.ini if you use IIS 7).
Note: By default,
maxworkerthreads is commented.
Change the value to
maxworkerthreads=50) from the default value of
Restart IIS 6/IIS 7.
Note: The Maximum number of Simultaneous Template requests (Admin > Server Settings > Request Tunings > Request Limits) must also be increased accordingly.
The following URL provides a complete list of ColdFusion functions arranged alphabetically: