Problem Description: Is there any property which we can set on our Flash Component on Author/Edit View which will allow users who can access the page and see the content on publish view to Play/Pause/Stop it ?
Flash Component on Side kick shown below :
When you drag and drop it on edit view, you can see the below property:
In other words, if user wants to stop/play/pause a flash movie running on a web page/publish view, event page. Is there any property we can set to achieve from the given picture above?
This is a CQ general component which is available in sidekick in general section so that while customizing the template user can associate the flash content to the page. You can see more menu options for controlling the playback of the movie by selecting the “show” option for the context menu property. So that when user will right-click on the movie they will see more option like to play/stop the movie.
See the below screenshot to set the show option to context menu –
Go to Advance tab in edit mode of Flash component and set this option
After set this property when right-click on movie it will show more option like –
So user can play/stop..etc..with available options.
Hope this helps,
Periodically when executing a reporting API call, you may get an unexpected return as shown below:
<exception>java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Cannot open database “XXXXXXXXX” requested by the login. The login failed.</exception>
Where the ‘XXXXXXXXX’ would be the database name of the database your request was trying to hit.
This is expected if you are making one of the ‘reporting database API calls‘ during the exact time that the db is locked for a small restore. As previously discussed, the reporting database is not real-time. It is synched occasionally and can be behind by as much as 24 hours. That error (you would see it in the logs and in your response) is thrown when the DB is being restored. When the db is being restored, the DB is locked down and the result will be a failed login (internal-error). The reporting DB is log shipped every 15 minutes. So every 15 minutes there will be a small restore. All you’re application needs to do is retry when you get that message. It could be as much as a minute of downtime, but most of the time is less.
One common question from API developers revolves around the existence of our reporting database vs our production database on Adobe’s Hosted platform. There are a few API calls that will hit the reporting database rather than production, to retrieve information. This is by design and is to prevent some of the more expensive APIs from being run on a multi-tenant environment’s production database. The current calls that are redirected to our reporting database and not to our production (real-time) database are:
As you can see, these are all the ‘bulk’ API calls. There is one additional call that is currently (as of Adobe Connect 9.2.2) being directed to the reporting database rather than production, and that is:
This action will be shifted to the production database in the next major release of Adobe Connect.
The reason this is important is that the reporting database is not real-time like production. It is delayed, sometimes up to 24 hours. So it is recommended that if you need to have real-time information in your application, you avoid making the calls above and use other APIs to retrieve the desired data.
If you have created an Event and enabled the option for participants to be able to Register without the need to enter a password, you might run into this situation. Please note the clear conditions below under which this specific issue is expected to happen :
- Event Host created an Event and enabled the Register without Password option
- Participants try to register for the Event and they only get a Login & Name field options on the page
- There is no option present for a password
- When participants try to login to the actual event, instead of being able to enter the event with just their login, they still get a prompt to enter a password.
Reason behind this behavior :
- In these cases we have found that whenever users tried to register for the event, they were getting created in the system as full fledged users
- This happens due tot he fact that the Event User Policy in your account should be set to All users created should be Full System Users
- This is configurable from under Administration tab > Account > Edit Information > Event User Policy
- Due to this setting, all the participants who get registered for the event, get created as Registered System Users and which is why they are presented with a password prompt
- So if you want to have your participants for an Event be able to login to it without a password, you should make sure you have the policy turned off.
- From the below options, you can either choose option 1 -> All users created from Event are guest users or you can choose the option 3 -> where Event Managers would get the right to choose whether they want the users to enter as guest users or registered users. This option 3 would be configurable on a per Event basis in this case according tot he requirement of the event.
We have recently discovered a new problem where you might run into an error when trying to share any content in a meeting room, eg images, flash files etc., if you have changed the default HTTP port of the Connect server from 80 to any other port.
Environment : On Premise Installation
Method: Follow this blog procedure to change the default http port of the Connect server : http://blogs.adobe.com/connectsupport/configure-your-adobe-connect-8-server-to-override-the-default-http-port-80/
Result: On-demand contents work fine but any contents shared in the meeting room are blank
Workaround: Use only default ports to avoid this issue.
Additional Information: The meetings should launch fine but you might not be able to view any content in the meeting room. If you launch a content from content library it works fine. Changing the default http port is only supported for on demand contents as of now. Contents might not work if accessed from a meeting room.
We have logged a Feature Enhancement Request regarding this targeted as #3744993. Engineering is currently reviewing the feasibility of including this feature in a future release.
Issue: Some users may see blank screen upon completing registration for events in Adobe Connect 9.2
Description: If an external component is used in the Event Catalog header then some users may see blank screen upon submitting the registration page.
Workaround: Remove the external component from the “Event Catalog”
01. Login to connect.
02. Click on Event Management tab.
03. Select the Event you have issue with.
04. Click on Edit Information.
05. Click “Edit” link near the event template drop down.
06. When CQ page opens click on “Catalog”.
07. Delete the external component from the catalog header.
08. From CQ elements panel click on “Activate template”.
09. Click on Shared templates in CQ.
10. Find the template you are using in your event and click on “Edit template” (pencil icon in CQ).
11. From CQ elements panel click on “Activate template”.
We have opened a bug around a recent undocumented change in the Web Services API actions.
The action, sco-session-seminar-list, which prior to 9.2.2 returned all seminar sessions for which the authenticated user had Host permissions, now requires the alternative action: sco-seminar-sessions-list. Use sco-seminar-sessions-list instead of sco-session-seminar-list until we resolve the open issue around this change; we have logged bug number: Watson: 3772441.
Consider this sample action (wherein FQDN designates your fully qualified domain name) as an example: Instead of running the action: https://FQDN/api/xml?action=sco-session-seminar-list&sco-id=1369951914 to get all the seminar sessions under the seminar license with the sco-id of 1369951914 you ought to run this API instead: https://FQDN/api/xml?action=sco-seminar-sessions-list&sco-id=1369951914
To list all the sessions that are linked to a meeting room under one license, put a filter on the source-sco-id as in this example action: http://FQDN/api/xml?action=sco-seminar-sessions-list&sco-id=sco-id-of-the-seminar-license&filter-source-sco-id=sco-id-of-the-meeting-room
Upon few requests I’m listing the steps to renew/update your licenses on the Connect server installation.
Conditions in which these steps should be followed :
- If you have purchased additional licenses on your existing Connect account and you wish to update them on the server
- You have an Adobe Connect server installation on your own premises
- You want to update additional license on your existing license key and not a completely new serial key
Please follow the below steps to update your license file on the server :
- Goto the Connect server and launch the Admin Console : http://localhost:8510/console
- Navigate to the License Settings tab
- Click on the First link which says : Download your license file from Adobe
- It is necessary to download a fresh copy of your license file after renewal or on purchasing additional licenses to see the refreshed additions.
- Once it is downloaded Click on Browse on Step 2 and upload the file just downloaded
- Save the page and your license should be refreshed.
If you have a clustered environment setup for the Connect servers, it is not necessary to apply these steps on all the servers.Doing it on any one of them is sufficient as it updates the settings in the DB.
Hope you would find this article useful when you want to update your licenses next time.
I have received requests from some users to publish what all files are necessary to be downloaded when planning to do an install or upgrade on Adobe Connect server. I know this should have confused many of us, but here I’m listing the required files.
Environment – On Premise
- Login to your LWS account : http://licensing.adobe.com
- Goto Licenses > Downloads
- Choose your product : Connect Lic General
- Choose the desired version. I am choosing version 9 here
- Click on Connect Lic General hyperlink at the bottom
- Download both the highlighted packages for the installation
- The All Platform Multilanguage/NA package contains the actuall installer files
- The All Platform Package extractor is the extractor utility specially bundled with the installer and only this utility should be used to extract the installer files
I hope this makes the download process simpler for your install/upgrade next time.
I have received requests from lot of users to publish the steps of how we can update an already published content on Connect server which is tied to a course/curriculum.
Please follow the below steps only if you have published your content in the below manner to Connect :
- Create a Presenter Powerpoint content
- Publish the file locally on your desktop as a zip file instead of publishing it to the Connect server directly.
- Once the zip file is published, upload the zip to your Connect content library
If you have published your Presenter content to Connect in the above manner, and you would like to make any changes to the content, you can do so by the below steps :
- Make the desired changes in the Presenter file & save them.
- Republish the file locally on your desktop as a new zip
- Now login to your Connect application and navigate to the already published content
- Click on Upload content and browse the new Zip file and Save.
Please note that although it displays a message there that : ” The content should be in the following format: *.ppt, *.pptx “, however you can also upload your zip file published from Presenter as well here as it is identified by the content type of the file being uploaded, which is ppt/pptx in a content published via Presenter.
Please note that if your content is tied to a training or course item, it is NOT recommended to make changes to its content once the course has been made live for users as this may cause inconsistency in their reporting status. If your content is tied to a course/curriculum and you have updated the content after it is already in use by the users, only updating the original content would not update it in the actual course. You will need to update it from the course as well.
- If it is a course, Goto the course and goto Select Content again and resave the content
- If it is a curriculum, goto the curriculum, click the desired item from the left, on right hand panel under Course, click on Goto Source, now under that course, click on Select Content and resave the content
- Please note that when you will go to update the content in the actual course/curriculum, you will get a warning message :
- Hence it is recommended not to modify the uploaded content in a training/course unless highly important, once it has been made live, else it might cause the above inconsistencies.