Adobe Connect 10.1 – Switch the default ACTS service protocol from WS to WSS
How to switch the default ACTS connection from WS to WSS on an already installed ACTS service. WS is the by default option of installation and WSS is the more secure option.
So if you have ACTS component already installed on an environment with the default non-secure WS protocol, and you would like to switch to apply SSL now on the ACTS service, below described steps should be able to help here and this method may save you from actually going through a reinstall of the service itself.
Adobe Connect On-premise
Adobe Connect version 10.1
Adobe Connect Transmuxing Service
Follow the following steps :-
- Goto the Adobe Connect server(not the ACTS server)
- Open 10.x\customi.ini file for editing
- Add this parameter to the very end of the file
- Restart all the Adobe Connect services on the Connect server
- Restart the ACTS service on the ACTS server
Additional Information :
As a best practice, it would be useful to exit all open browsers and start a fresh one for testing fresh after the above changes have been added.