Issue: If you will publish an Articulate project to Adobe Connect containing web objects, it may not display those web objects. Upon opening the project the client will see the below message at the bottom of the screen.
If “Show all content” is clicked then the content re-launches and displays the video. This behavior is expected on any HTTPS server where the content is hosted and is not unique to Adobe Connect/hosted.
The solutions include:
- If your content (web object) is on the HTTPS server then you should have HTTPS enabled on your Adobe Connect server.
- If your content (web object) is on the HTTP server then you should have HTTPS disabled on your Adobe Connect server.
- Don’t reference external content
Issue: Some users may see blank screen upon completing registration for events in Adobe Connect 9.2
Description: If an external component is used in the Event Catalog header then some users may see blank screen upon submitting the registration page.
Workaround: Remove the external component from the “Event Catalog”
01. Login to connect.
02. Click on Event Management tab.
03. Select the Event you have issue with.
04. Click on Edit Information.
05. Click “Edit” link near the event template drop down.
06. When CQ page opens click on “Catalog”.
07. Delete the external component from the catalog header.
08. From CQ elements panel click on “Activate template”.
09. Click on Shared templates in CQ.
10. Find the template you are using in your event and click on “Edit template” (pencil icon in CQ).
11. From CQ elements panel click on “Activate template”.
Issue: Swf to set permission for content is not loaded when user is trying to publish content to adobe connect server.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a Captivate 6 content.
2) Click publish, select method as Adobe connect select valid server and click publish.
3) Provide valid adobe connect credentials and go to publish page.
4) Provide content name and click next. Observe customize permission page is open.
5) Click customize. Observe edit permissions page.
Edit permissions page is open , however swf to change permission is not loaded.
This is a Bug 3161566 in Adobe connect 220.127.116.11 and will be resolved in 9.2
Expected: Swf to change permission should get loaded.
On Connect server we can edit the permissions by navigating to the content info page –> Set Permissions and then change the permissions