Problem: How to know the host usage for connect account?
Reason: An account administrator would like to know how many meeting hosts are on the account in order to know their license utilization.
- Adobe connect provides system usage report where you can check the meeting host usage on your account.
- In order to pull up this report, you have to navigate to Reports tab -> System usage.
- In system usage report from the drop down select Group as a report type, now point meeting host group.
- Filter the report date wise and generate the report.
- Watch a video tutorial here
Problem: I have the recording URL but cannot locate it on my account.
Reason: If there are multiple folders in content section a user may not remember the path after moving a recording into the content section of the account, though the user has its URL to access the same.
- If you remember the name of the recording you can use the search option at the top right corner on your connect central. It will show you the best matched result, use the column parent folder to access the folder of the recording.
- Use the URL to play the recording, once it starts playing append &mode=xml at the end of the playback URL.
- The other way to get to the location of the recording is to play it first once it’s loaded into the browser append &mode=xml and hit return key.
- It will give you a dumb of xml data; you don’t have to do anything with that just search of the keyword sco-id copy the number from there.
- Login to the account and navigate to a meeting/recording/content on the account, now in the address bar again look for the same keyword sco-id and replace the number in front of that with the one we have copied from the xml data.
- This will show you the path of your recording you are trying to locate on the account. You can now navigate to that path.
- View a video tutorial here
Problem: Confusion regarding usage of the same URL for new meetings. While conducting a new meeting should a new URL be created every time?
Reason/Error Message or behavior: While creating each meeting start time and duration has to be specified, it should not be confused that the meeting will only be used for that particular time interval and the URL created can’t be used for the next meeting.
In adobe connect there is no restriction on using the same meeting URL for new meetings. You can always use the same URL to conduct umpteen number of sessions.
If you create a new Meeting URL it will always be on your account on the server. Each time you launch the same meeting it creates a separate session for the same Meeting room. All you can do is change the start time/duration of the room in order to send invitations to the users who are added in the participants list.
Even if you skip to change the start time/duration of the meeting room adobe will keep track of each session you will conduct with that URL.
It will be visible under reports for the meeting room. If you navigate to the meeting then choose reports and select by sessions.
You can identify each session with its start and end time.
Problem: Some of the users get confused on the various access levels given to the users on adobe connect account.
Reason: An administrator is not actually the administrator as it also requires other group’s membership to perform some tasks. Given below is a diagram that explains the access levels.
Click on image to enlarge.
A Super admin on adobe connect is a user having group memberships of meeting host and administrator.
Problem: Admin user enters into the meeting room as participant. This issue only occurs in “Named Host Pricing Model”.
Environment: Hosted/ Licensed
Reason: In Named Host Pricing Model users have to be part of Meeting Hosts Group in order to enter into the meeting as Host. Only being member of Administrator group will not allow the user to enter as a host in his own meeting.
- Make sure that you are listed as a host for the meeting room under Edit Participants link.
- Make sure that you are a part of Meeting Hosts group. In order to know your group membership click on my profile>group membership. If you don’t see meeting hosts listed there then follow the instructions given below.
- Go to Administration>Users and Groups.
- Select Meeting hosts>Choose Information>View group members. Add your name to this group.
You can now try to enter the room. If you are still getting the same issue contact Adobe Connect Support.