Full screen is a good feature when presenter wants the attendees to pay attention to a specific pod. This helps in increasing the engagement of participants.
There are two ways to make a pod full screen.
First -The Maximize button in pod options when clicked makes the pod full screen into the meeting room.
To restore that pod to original size, click on restore button which restores the pod.
Second :pods like video and share pod (when we are sharing something) have a button from where we can make it full screen.
Step By Step Video
Problem: How to know the host usage for connect account?
Reason: An account administrator would like to know how many meeting hosts are on the account in order to know their license utilization.
- Adobe connect provides system usage report where you can check the meeting host usage on your account.
- In order to pull up this report, you have to navigate to Reports tab -> System usage.
- In system usage report from the drop down select Group as a report type, now point meeting host group.
- Filter the report date wise and generate the report.
- Watch a video tutorial here
Problem: I have the recording URL but cannot locate it on my account.
Reason: If there are multiple folders in content section a user may not remember the path after moving a recording into the content section of the account, though the user has its URL to access the same.
- If you remember the name of the recording you can use the search option at the top right corner on your connect central. It will show you the best matched result, use the column parent folder to access the folder of the recording.
- Use the URL to play the recording, once it starts playing append &mode=xml at the end of the playback URL.
- The other way to get to the location of the recording is to play it first once it’s loaded into the browser append &mode=xml and hit return key.
- It will give you a dumb of xml data; you don’t have to do anything with that just search of the keyword sco-id copy the number from there.
- Login to the account and navigate to a meeting/recording/content on the account, now in the address bar again look for the same keyword sco-id and replace the number in front of that with the one we have copied from the xml data.
- This will show you the path of your recording you are trying to locate on the account. You can now navigate to that path.
- View a video tutorial here
Problem: Confusion regarding usage of the same URL for new meetings. While conducting a new meeting should a new URL be created every time?
Reason/Error Message or behavior: While creating each meeting start time and duration has to be specified, it should not be confused that the meeting will only be used for that particular time interval and the URL created can’t be used for the next meeting.
In adobe connect there is no restriction on using the same meeting URL for new meetings. You can always use the same URL to conduct umpteen number of sessions.
If you create a new Meeting URL it will always be on your account on the server. Each time you launch the same meeting it creates a separate session for the same Meeting room. All you can do is change the start time/duration of the room in order to send invitations to the users who are added in the participants list.
Even if you skip to change the start time/duration of the meeting room adobe will keep track of each session you will conduct with that URL.
It will be visible under reports for the meeting room. If you navigate to the meeting then choose reports and select by sessions.
You can identify each session with its start and end time.
Attendee Pod has the information about all the attendees. Sometimes there are duplicate attendees in the meeting which is caused by user error when a user opens two instances of the meeting room. In the below screenshot, we can see that a participant with the name “Adobe” appears twice in the meeting.
We can remove the duplicate users by following the below mentioned steps:
Click on the duplicate attendee which you want to remove from meeting in attendee pod.
Click on the first icon which has four bars present at the top of attendee pod -> then select “Remove Selected user”
One of the greatest feature Adobe Connect offers is that we can change the look and feel of the Meeting room. We can change and create the new layouts, we can change the pods name and even can change the background of the meeting rooms. Mentioned below are the steps to change the background of the meeting room.
Open the meeting and click on the Meeting button
Click on the Preferences in drop down menu
Under the General menu we will get the option “Room appearance” where we can click on the upload button
There are two ways to select the file either we can select it from previous uploaded file or we can upload a file from our computer by selecting “Browse My Computer” option.
4.A Selecting file from previous uploaded files.
4b.Browsing file from computer, by clicking on the “Browse My Computer”
Note: File’s dimensions should be 1024×768
Here we can select the Alignment of file from drop down menu, file can be aligned :-
Top-Left, Top-Right, Bottom-Left, Bottom-Right
Click on Done
Final look of meeting
The video quality degrades while sharing video post updating to Adobe connect 9.2.2c
Environment : Hosted
In the recent past, our customers experienced lots of meeting disconnection issues. After investigating the issue we found that high bandwidth usage led to the frequent meeting disconnection.
We have a “Worst Quality” parameter for every video quality level, which prevents the video quality drop below the threshold value. When we implemented the fix for meeting disconnect issue, we removed “Worst Quality” parameter which caused the video quality to drop below the threshold value. As a result video quality degraded. We identified this issue as a bug#3770546 and our engineering team has fixed this issue in the upcoming Adobe Connect version 9.3.
Recommendation to Customers/Users:
We do not have a solution for this issue as of now till 9.3 is released(tentatively scheduled for September 2014). However, some settings for room bandwidth can improve the video quality to some extent. Steps for the same are mentioned below:
Go to Meeting room > Meeting > Preferences > Room Bandwidth > LAN
For more details on optimizing the room bandwidth click here
It is expected that post Adobe Connect 9.3 release, the video quality level will not drop below the threshold value (Set for each video quality level) and will improve the video quality to a great extent.
Adobe Connect Add-in is a version of Flash Player that includes enhanced features for Adobe Connect meetings, such as screen-sharing capabilities. When Adobe Connect Add-in is required, it is downloaded from an Adobe server in a seamless process that is hidden to the user. However, if your organization does not allow employees to download software from external servers, you can host Adobe Connect Add-in on your own server.
We do have few questions regarding the Add-in:
- How the Add-in works?
- What all file rights we need?
- What is the file location?
Below is the answers for all these questions:
– Addin is basically Flash Player (11.9) with some enhancements and additional functionalities:
– Screen share
– Toast windows
– Audio enhancements
-It requires standard user rights.
-The files are located at %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\adobeconnectaddin
– adobeconnectaddin.exe – The main executable
– digest.s – file used by Flash Player to verify that the addin has not been modified
– meetingconvertor.dll – used to convert PPTX files to PPT on the client side to enhance ppt conversion fidelity
– connecthook.dll – used while screen sharing to allow IPC between shared applications and addin to start/stop share
Value of App data depends on Operating System on which it is installed. For reference : http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/enable-logging-acrobat-connect-professional.html
NOTE: The following steps only apply when Adobe Connect is configured for user authentication through an LDAP Directory Service.
Under normal circumstances LDAP synchronization is configured to synchronize automatically on a regularly scheduled basis. However, it is occasionally necessary to synchronize at times other than during the regularly scheduled periods. The following steps are for performing a manual Directory Service synchronization.
Please be aware that performing an LDAP synchronization can be resource intensive on the Connect side, and it is highly recommended that these steps not be performed during times of normal system activity.
- Log in to a Connect server
- Open the Administration console (http://localhost:8510/console/)
- Navigate to Directory Service Settings > Synchronization Actions
- Go to the Perform Directory Synchronization section and click on the Synchronize button.