H.264 encoded FLV not displayed when it is reshared again in share pod
Issue: H.264 encoded FLV not displayed when it is re-shared again in share pod.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Share H.264 encoded FLV in a share pod.
2. Stop sharing (without viewing it completely).
3. Share the FLV again from the share history.
Result:Video bar progresses but the audio and video is not rendered.
Reason: The FLV encoded in H.264 has this limitation that unless initialized from beginning it will not render video (and audio) frames. When we share it from ‘recently shared content’ it is not initialized from the beginning. Server tries to play it from the last cue point, which causes this issue. If we seek it to a position it starts to play well.
The behavior is not seen in VP6 encoded FLVs.
- Seek to start of the recording. Once initialized, we can seek to any point and it will play just fine.
- Re-encode the FLV with VP6 codec.