How long does it take to publish Connect recordings as MP4s?
An MP4 recording will be published and posted within 24 hours of invoking the conversion.
- the actual amount of time it takes to convert a recording depends on many factors including:
- the length of recording
- the queue of recordings to be published on the publishing servers
- the queue of recordings within Connect prior to transfer to the publishing servers (they are submitted in parallel to the conversion servers)
- the time it takes to download the converted MP4s from the conversion servers back to Connect
- and variables commensurate with asynchronous processing
Note also that if for any reason the conversion to MP4 should fail, we will retry multiple times depending on the cause of the failure. Retries will extend the processing time required before the recording is available. The two most significant variables are the length of the recording and how many recordings are ahead in the queue.