How To Force a Version of the Connect Meeting Add-in for On-Premise Installations
This article is applicable only to Adobe Connect On-Premise (licensed) installations. This is not applicable to Adobe Connect Hosted or ACMS customers.
If you require your Adobe Connect system to force a specific version of the Adobe Connect Meeting Add-in, please follow the steps below.
First, take backup of AddInInfo.xml from <CONNECT_HOME>/appserv/common/AddInInfo.xml on all Adobe Connect application servers in your environment (A restart is NOT required for this change to be implemented).
Next, update addininfo.xml:
Open the AddInInfo.xml file on the path: <CONNECT_HOME>/appserv/common/AddInInfo.xml. As shown below (for the 9.6.1 version), the file will have addInVersion for both Mac OS and Windows platform as 11,9,979,0.
Just edit the following entries:<m id=”addInVersion“ platform=”Windows“>11,9,979,0</m><m id=”addInVersion“ platform=”Mac OS 10“>11,9,979,0</m>
- Update the file to the values of the Add-in version you want to force; 11.9.980.387 is this example. (changes marked in RED) and then save the file.
<m id=”addInVersion“ platform=”Windows“>11,9,980,0</m><m id=”addInVersion“ platform=”Mac OS 10“>11,9,980,0</m>
- Repeat Steps 1&2 on all the Adobe Connect application servers in the environment.
- No restart of services are necessary.
NOTE: Some clients may cache the version of the Connect Add-in on their local machines. When troubleshooting client issues, ensure to test after clearing client side cache on the users computer.
1. Replace the backed up AddInInfo.xml on the following location: <CONNECT_HOME>/appserv/common/AddInInfo.xml.
2. Rollback needs to be don on all the Adobe Connect application servers in your environment.