Issue: Upon startup, Tips for using Adobe Connect for Hosts is displayed. After clicking on “Don’t show this dialog again” and dismissing the dialog, the next time Connect is launched the dialog is again displayed.
This is caused by a problem storing the changes locally available to flash applications on client machines. Here are workaround steps:
- Open the connect meeting in the IE/Firefox. You can append launcher=false to the meeting URL to open it in browser: <url>/?launcher=false
- Right click on the meeting and select Settings; the flash dialog GUI will appear:
3. Click on the folder icon:
4. Check that the variable for storage is allowed and is greater than 0 (make sure the slider is not all the way to the left) and also check to see if the Currently used variable is equal to the allowed value.
5. If the Currently used variable is showing 0 then close this dialog and again right click on meeting and open the Global Settings. The following dialog will appear:
6. Click on Local Storage Settings by Site:
7. Make sure that the Adobe Connect server is listed there and it is allowed as depicted in the third column. If it is not allowed, then allow it using the drop-down menu.
Here are some additional references that may be helpful: