Adobe Connect Add-in is a version of Flash Player that includes enhanced features for Adobe Connect meetings, such as screen-sharing capabilities. When Adobe Connect Add-in is required, it is downloaded from an Adobe server in a seamless process that is hidden to the user. However, if your organization does not allow employees to download software from external servers, you can host Adobe Connect Add-in on your own server.
We do have few questions regarding the Add-in:
- How the Add-in works?
- What all file rights we need?
- What is the file location?
Below is the answers for all these questions:
– Addin is basically Flash Player (11.9) with some enhancements and additional functionalities:
– Screen share
– Toast windows
– Audio enhancements
-It requires standard user rights.
-The files are located at %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\adobeconnectaddin
– adobeconnectaddin.exe – The main executable
– digest.s – file used by Flash Player to verify that the addin has not been modified
– meetingconvertor.dll – used to convert PPTX files to PPT on the client side to enhance ppt conversion fidelity
– connecthook.dll – used while screen sharing to allow IPC between shared applications and addin to start/stop share
Value of App data depends on Operating System on which it is installed. For reference : http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/enable-logging-acrobat-connect-professional.html