STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Create a meeting recording that has at least one presentation shared in it in a share pod
- Now move that recording anywhere in the content folder
- Now create a training curriculum
- Add an item to that curriculum and select that created recording as a content for that.
- Enroll the learners group for that curriculum, so that it can be viewed by all learners.
- Login with a learner’s username/password and try to open the content in the curriculum.
When trying to view the training content, while being logged in with a learner’s account, the share pod in the recording stay stuck at loading and doesn’t render the actual presentation. It works fine when logged in as an administrator.
When recordings are moved to a content folder
- the recordings are, by default, set to inherit their permissions from the parent (content folder they were moved to)
- the parent folder is protected (either explicitly, or because it inherits permissions from its parent, and so on).
The easiest way around is:
- a) Under the “Shared Content” folder, create a new “Shared Recordings” folder
- b) Set the permissions of this folder to “Allow Public Viewing”