Multiple Adobe Connect on-premise customers have informed us that some of their security scans are reporting that the version of FMS used in Adobe Connect is unsupported. There are no known open security issues in the version of FMS used in Connect today. The FMS components that are embedded in Adobe Connect on-premise deployments are fully supported under the maintenance and support agreements for Adobe Connect. If any vulnerabilities are discovered in these components of Adobe Connect, they will be addressed per the guidelines of those support agreements.
Some ports that are not being used can be shut off:
Port 1111 is listening as part of the Flash Media Administration Service. It does not serve any needed function and may be shut off as part of hardening or simply conservation of resources.
Note: Do not confuse the Flash Media Administration Service with the Flash Media Server or FMS, while the former is unneeded, the latter runs the Meeting server.
Port 2222 may also be closed. The Flash Media Gateway (FMG) service may be listening on that port if is was installed with Connect. If you are not using FMG for Unified Voice Telephony, then you may shut off that service as well.
Shut off and set to manual or disable either of both under the services MMC:
You may also quickly use commands to stop the ports instantly from listening; go to the command prompt with elevated permissions:
- Run net stop fmsadmin (or sc stop fmsadmin)
- Run net stop fmg (or sc stop fmg)
- Run netstat -an|find “1111” or netstat -an|find “2222”to make sure they are down (or sc query fmsadmin or sc query fmg )
Title : Compliance and Control keeps getting reset after uploading a new license
Problem: Compliance and control settings may get reset when you upload a new license file on your Adobe Connect server install.
Reason/Error Message of behavior: This is expected behavior and is working as designed.
Possible Solution: If it is necessary to re-upload the license file, a possible solution is to save these settings somewhere either by taking a screen shot or creating a spreadsheet and reapply them later once the license has been uploaded.
Contact Support with any questions : http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/connect-support.html
Title : While creating a new training group, you get an error message ‘Not Found’.
Problem: When you try to create a new training group from users and groups option listed under training tab, you receive a Not Found error.
Reason/Error Message of behavior: This was logged as a bug in Connect 9.3 bug# 3958892 and is tentatively fixed in Connect 9.4.2.
Possible Solution: Since this is logged as a bug, and in order to create this group you will have to be in Virtual Classroom Managers group.
In case you do not have this group and using the old license, here is a workaround for that.
Create a csv file as shown below, also you can have multiple entries in the below format to add multiple groups simultaneously.
Test,Custom Training Group
Import this csv under users and groups for training, having following options checked.
You may encounter some errors however the import would be successful.
The group would list under users and groups for training.
Contact Support if you have any queries : http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/connect-support.html
Problem: Receiving multiple reset password emails when requesting reset password link using Forgot your password? option.
Reason/Error Message of behavior: If the login policy of your account is set to No, i.e you have Use email address as login set to No, and you create multiple users(say 50) having the same email address, Adobe Connect does not validate for duplicate email addresses of users. The reason being it will not be marked as required field due to this policy.
Hence when a user tries to reset his password and specifies his email address, it gets correlated with all the users who have this same email address, then Adobe Connect would send 50 emails to these email addresses which would basically end up in the same mailbox, since they all are the same. It tries to match the email address to the email fields of all the users and starts sending emails one by one. That may result in floods of email in a single mailbox.
The only solution to avoid this problem is to make sure you are not entering the same email address while creating multiple users, when you have use email address policy set to no.
You may also turn off this policy if its not a hard requirement in your organization and then there would be no conflicts in the email address and that would be created as unique always.
There are situations when a meeting host would like to disable the Dial-in/Dial-out feature in a Connect meeting room.
Explained below are the steps that can be followed for disabling the feature and what is the expected behavior that should occur in the case of mobile devices :
- On a computer, join the meeting as a Host (the meeting must have an audio conference associated with the meeting)
- Click Meeting > Preferences > Audio Conference (see screen shot on how to set up the preferences) and click Done to save the changes
- On Computer, click Audio > Start Meeting Audio (on the desktop side, the Join Audio Conference dialog box opens up and this is expected)
- On Connect mobile, join the same meeting as a guest or participant.
- On Connect mobile, guest user would see a ‘Join teleconference’ dialog box popup which allows user to enter his phone number. However, when user enters a phone number and attempts to dial out (Call my phone), it will display a red text message stating “Dial out disabled by host”.
This is how the feature works for users on Mobile devices.
Broadcast Telephony audio : Is it expected when dial-out is disabled ?
If the host has enabled Broadcast Telephony audio in the audio conference settings in the meeting, as soon as a user joins the meeting from a mobile device, he should start hearing the hold music and also all the conversation that happens on the bridge on his mobile, although he would not be allowed to dial in our dial out from the mobile device.
The behavior on computer when logged in to a meeting as a guest and joined on mobile is the same where people will hear audio coming from their computer speakers and from the mobile device’s speakers. This is expected behavior for both guests who join meeting on computer and on mobile device where they won’t be able to dial out or dial-in and yet they will hear audio since the “Broadcast Telephony audio” is enabled.
Special Note :
If there are any users who have any confusion due to the audio broadcast for users who have dial-out disabled, they can add a note into a Note pod instructing people that they will hear only audio but cannot dial out or dial in.
You may please follow this workflow to migrate your existing SQL database/embedded database to a separate SQL database server on a different computer.
Prepare for the Migration :
Prepare for the migration by stopping all the Connect services
- Stop Adobe Connect service
- Stop Flash Media Server service
- Stop any other Connect pro services installed(Telephony/FMG/CQ)
- Take a backup of all existing contents folder(Backing up entire Connect installation folder is recommended)
- Take a backup of the existing database(You may refer Pg 87, Install Guide if needed)
Prepare new DB server
- Copy the DB backup file created in above step from existing server to the new server hosting SQL server.
- Restore the DB on the new SQL server(Refer Microsoft instructions for details)
Reflect new DB changes on Connect server
- Enter the SQL Server database information in the Application Management Console on the server hosting Adobe Connect.
- Make sure all Connect services are started
- Choose Start > Programs > Adobe Connect Server > Configure Adobe Connect Server
- Go to Database Settings
- Modify the Db hostname, DB name , login and password information and Save.
There might be certain circumstances when you might not be able to view the webcam shared in a meeting in full screen mode. You might come across this situation on some mobile devices when using an Adobe Connect meeting room.
Situations under which this might occur :
- Enter a meeting as a host from a desktop pc and start sharing your camera
- Join the same meeting as a participant from a tablet or iPad device
- Click on the webcam option from the left
- The webcam video remains in small size and does not become full screen automatically
Affected Environments Discovered until now :
Connect 9.3/9.4 Hosted/Licensed Environments
Mobile app 2.3 on tablets or iPad
Additional Information :
This has been discovered as a bug and in under investigation by our Mobile Engineering.
Please keep tracking this page for latest updates and status. Bug#3963153.
In Connect version 9.3 and later, you are able to make the screen-share control panel invisible to participants in a meeting.
To make the blue patchwork occlusion that depicts the Screen-share Control Panel disappear, enable transparency in the Windows control panel: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization\Window Color and Appearance
As the manner of enabling this will vary with operating systems and their versions, search on the theme of transparency or aero-mode as it relates to the appropriate OS version. If the aero-mode is disabled the new screen sharing dialog is also disabled. To get the new screen sharing dialog (the one with previews of the application and Windows being shared) aero-mode needs to be enabled.
Upon a few customer requests, I’m outlining the steps via which you can reset the Event templates that you use in Adobe Connect.
Steps to be Followed :
1) Login to the Connect application and goto Event Management > Event Templates
2) Choose your template and select Edit Template
3) Click on the Reset Template option from the CQ5 toolbox
4) Select the template which you would like to choose as the base template. Your modified template would show up like the base template layout after the change, so be careful in choosing the base template.
5) Click on Reset Template button and your template layout would get reset to the base template chosen in above step.
Precautionary Note :
Please ensure any customizations that you are making, should be done in your own custom templates. It is not recommended to make changes to the default system templates. You should also be careful if you have already modified your default templates and you would like to reset them.
It is best to avoid resetting default templates but rather make your own templates and modify them as per requirement. Resetting the Default templates might have unexpected effect on the templates and we might not be able to revert the changes or correct the damage.