You may please follow this workflow to migrate your existing SQL database/embedded database to a separate SQL database server on a different computer.
Prepare for the Migration :
Prepare for the migration by stopping all the Connect services
- Stop Adobe Connect service
- Stop Flash Media Server service
- Stop any other Connect pro services installed(Telephony/FMG/CQ)
- Take a backup of all existing contents folder(Backing up entire Connect installation folder is recommended)
- Take a backup of the existing database(You may refer Pg 87, Install Guide if needed)
Prepare new DB server
- Copy the DB backup file created in above step from existing server to the new server hosting SQL server.
- Restore the DB on the new SQL server(Refer Microsoft instructions for details)
Reflect new DB changes on Connect server
- Enter the SQL Server database information in the Application Management Console on the server hosting Adobe Connect.
- Make sure all Connect services are started
- Choose Start > Programs > Adobe Connect Server > Configure Adobe Connect Server
- Go to Database Settings
- Modify the Db hostname, DB name , login and password information and Save.