When running the installation of Connect 9.2.1 (and higher) when you get to the step “Select Deployment Options” you can specify to deploy the services under “Local System Account” or to specify an existing user account.
One common reason to specify a user account is when using shared storage. The Connect service needs to have access to the network share specified in a later step during installation.
It is necessary to grant this user account “log on as a service” rights, otherwise the Connect, FMS, FMG services set to run under this user account will not start.
Here’s how to grant a user “log on as a service” right.
- Go to “Control Panel”, “Administrative Tools”
- Expand “Local Policies”
- Expand “User Rights Assignment”
- Find the Policy called “Log on as a service” and double click on it.
- Select “Add User or Group” and add the user account under which you want to deploy the services.
Alternatively you could also install with the local system account option first, then go to the windows services and change the account under which the service runs from there. This way Windows would automatically assign the missing “Log on as a service” right.
To do so, go to “Server Manager”, “Configuration” and “Services”. Find the “Adobe Connect Service”. Right-click the service name and select “Properties”. Specify the user account / password under the tab “Log On”, when you hit apply you’ll get a message that “Log On as a service” right has been granted to the user account.
Adobe Connect Add-in is a version of Flash Player that includes enhanced features for Adobe Connect meetings, such as screen-sharing capabilities. When Adobe Connect Add-in is required, it is downloaded from an Adobe server in a seamless process that is hidden to the user. However, if your organization does not allow employees to download software from external servers, you can host Adobe Connect Add-in on your own server.
We do have few questions regarding the Add-in:
- How the Add-in works?
- What all file rights we need?
- What is the file location?
Below is the answers for all these questions:
- Addin is basically Flash Player (11.9) with some enhancements and additional functionalities:
- Screen share
- Toast windows
- Audio enhancements
-It requires standard user rights.
-The files are located at %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\adobeconnectaddin
- adobeconnectaddin.exe – The main executable
- digest.s – file used by Flash Player to verify that the addin has not been modified
- meetingconvertor.dll – used to convert PPTX files to PPT on the client side to enhance ppt conversion fidelity
- connecthook.dll – used while screen sharing to allow IPC between shared applications and addin to start/stop share
Value of App data depends on Operating System on which it is installed. For reference : http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/enable-logging-acrobat-connect-professional.html
11:40am EST – Universal Voice is currently down for customers on the following clusters: (NA1, NA2, NA6, NA8, NA9, NA12). This affects the ‘audio broadcast’ functionality in Adobe Connect Meeting rooms on those clusters. This also affects ‘user-configured’ (non-integrated) telephony profiles on those clusters. Meetings that utilize ‘UV Profiles’ (user-configured) will not have audio. Meetings that use the ‘integrated’ telephony profiles (telephony adaptors for InterCall, MeetingOne, Arkadin, and PGI) will still have audio, but the ‘broadcast’ will not work. We are currently working with our Operations team to resolve the issue. You can get full updates on our Adobe Connect Status Page here: https://status.acrobat.com
4:30pm EST - We have identified the issue and applied a fix for the Universal Voice issues that have occurred today in our EQX (SJ1) datacenter. This was a configuration issue outside of the application that affected the integration with our SIP service. The team has deployed the necessary changes and done appropriate testing to ensure the system is now stable.
When setting up an application-level health monitor (blog) on your LTM, you would point to the testbuilder diagnostic page at:
As the previous article explains, ‘the testbuilder page will send back the “status-ok” string. If there is any problem with the Connect server application, then testbuilder will not report the “status-ok” string’. Expanding on this a little bit, the following (below) are the actual status’ and possible scenarios you may see:
STATUS_OK = 0;
STATUS_CRITICAL = 2;
STATUS_MAINT = 3;
STATUS_TEST = 4;
STATUS_OK = 0;
This means the server is fit to work (status-ok). Server status in PPS_ENUM_DATA_HOST table is neither ‘X’, ‘M’ nor ‘T’ and server is initialized.
This is what load balancers should look for health check.
STATUS_CRITICAL = 2;
Server is not fit to work (status-critical). Server is not yet initialized (during start up), or has server status of ‘X’ in PPS_ENUM_DATA_HOST table.
This is also triggered if no connection to database can be made.
STATUS_MAINT = 3;
Server is in maintenance mode (status-maintenance). Has server status of ‘M’ in PPS_ENUM_DATA_HOST table.
Active server can be put to maintenance mode and vice versa. No new meetings will be run on this server, but currently active meetings will run until ended.
STATUS_TEST = 4;
Server is in “server isolation” mode (status-testing). Has server status of ‘T’ in PPS_ENUM_DATA_HOST table.
Used to put server in separate zone from other servers in cluster. This is hosted feature that is not actively used in production.
NOTE: The following steps only apply when Adobe Connect is configured for user authentication through an LDAP Directory Service.
Under normal circumstances LDAP synchronization is configured to synchronize automatically on a regularly scheduled basis. However, it is occasionally necessary to synchronize at times other than during the regularly scheduled periods. The following steps are for performing a manual Directory Service synchronization.
Please be aware that performing an LDAP synchronization can be resource intensive on the Connect side, and it is highly recommended that these steps not be performed during times of normal system activity.
- Log in to a Connect server
- Open the Administration console (http://localhost:8510/console/)
- Navigate to Directory Service Settings > Synchronization Actions
- Go to the Perform Directory Synchronization section and click on the Synchronize button.
Issue: H.264 encoded FLV not displayed when it is re-shared again in share pod.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Share H.264 encoded FLV in a share pod.
2. Stop sharing (without viewing it completely).
3. Share the FLV again from the share history.
Result:Video bar progresses but the audio and video is not rendered.
Reason: The FLV encoded in H.264 has this limitation that unless initialized from beginning it will not render video (and audio) frames. When we share it from ‘recently shared content’ it is not initialized from the beginning. Server tries to play it from the last cue point, which causes this issue. If we seek it to a position it starts to play well.
The behavior is not seen in VP6 encoded FLVs.
- Seek to start of the recording. Once initialized, we can seek to any point and it will play just fine.
- Re-encode the FLV with VP6 codec.
Problem Description: Is there any property which we can set on our Flash Component on Author/Edit View which will allow users who can access the page and see the content on publish view to Play/Pause/Stop it ?
Flash Component on Side kick shown below :
When you drag and drop it on edit view, you can see the below property:
In other words, if user wants to stop/play/pause a flash movie running on a web page/publish view, event page. Is there any property we can set to achieve from the given picture above?
This is a CQ general component which is available in sidekick in general section so that while customizing the template user can associate the flash content to the page. You can see more menu options for controlling the playback of the movie by selecting the “show” option for the context menu property. So that when user will right-click on the movie they will see more option like to play/stop the movie.
See the below screenshot to set the show option to context menu –
Go to Advance tab in edit mode of Flash component and set this option
After set this property when right-click on movie it will show more option like –
So user can play/stop..etc..with available options.
Hope this helps,
Periodically when executing a reporting API call, you may get an unexpected return as shown below:
<exception>java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Cannot open database “XXXXXXXXX” requested by the login. The login failed.</exception>
Where the ‘XXXXXXXXX’ would be the database name of the database your request was trying to hit.
This is expected if you are making one of the ‘reporting database API calls‘ during the exact time that the db is locked for a small restore. As previously discussed, the reporting database is not real-time. It is synched occasionally and can be behind by as much as 24 hours. That error (you would see it in the logs and in your response) is thrown when the DB is being restored. When the db is being restored, the DB is locked down and the result will be a failed login (internal-error). The reporting DB is log shipped every 15 minutes. So every 15 minutes there will be a small restore. All you’re application needs to do is retry when you get that message. It could be as much as a minute of downtime, but most of the time is less.
One common question from API developers revolves around the existence of our reporting database vs our production database on Adobe’s Hosted platform. There are a few API calls that will hit the reporting database rather than production, to retrieve information. This is by design and is to prevent some of the more expensive APIs from being run on a multi-tenant environment’s production database. The current calls that are redirected to our reporting database and not to our production (real-time) database are:
As you can see, these are all the ‘bulk’ API calls. There is one additional call that is currently (as of Adobe Connect 9.2.2) being directed to the reporting database rather than production, and that is:
This action will be shifted to the production database in the next major release of Adobe Connect.
The reason this is important is that the reporting database is not real-time like production. It is delayed, sometimes up to 24 hours. So it is recommended that if you need to have real-time information in your application, you avoid making the calls above and use other APIs to retrieve the desired data.
If you have created an Event and enabled the option for participants to be able to Register without the need to enter a password, you might run into this situation. Please note the clear conditions below under which this specific issue is expected to happen :
- Event Host created an Event and enabled the Register without Password option
- Participants try to register for the Event and they only get a Login & Name field options on the page
- There is no option present for a password
- When participants try to login to the actual event, instead of being able to enter the event with just their login, they still get a prompt to enter a password.
Reason behind this behavior :
- In these cases we have found that whenever users tried to register for the event, they were getting created in the system as full fledged users
- This happens due tot he fact that the Event User Policy in your account should be set to All users created should be Full System Users
- This is configurable from under Administration tab > Account > Edit Information > Event User Policy
- Due to this setting, all the participants who get registered for the event, get created as Registered System Users and which is why they are presented with a password prompt
- So if you want to have your participants for an Event be able to login to it without a password, you should make sure you have the policy turned off.
- From the below options, you can either choose option 1 -> All users created from Event are guest users or you can choose the option 3 -> where Event Managers would get the right to choose whether they want the users to enter as guest users or registered users. This option 3 would be configurable on a per Event basis in this case according tot he requirement of the event.