Title : While creating a new training group, you get an error message ‘Not Found’.
Problem: When you try to create a new training group from users and groups option listed under training tab, you receive a Not Found error.
Reason/Error Message of behavior: This was logged as a bug in Connect 9.3 bug# 3958892 and is tentatively fixed in Connect 9.4.2.
Possible Solution: Since this is logged as a bug, and in order to create this group you will have to be in Virtual Classroom Managers group.
In case you do not have this group and using the old license, here is a workaround for that.
Create a csv file as shown below, also you can have multiple entries in the below format to add multiple groups simultaneously.
Test,Custom Training Group
Import this csv under users and groups for training, having following options checked.
You may encounter some errors however the import would be successful.
The group would list under users and groups for training.
Contact Support if you have any queries : http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/connect-support.html
Problem: Receiving multiple reset password emails when requesting reset password link using Forgot your password? option.
Reason/Error Message of behavior: If the login policy of your account is set to No, i.e you have Use email address as login set to No, and you create multiple users(say 50) having the same email address, Adobe Connect does not validate for duplicate email addresses of users. The reason being it will not be marked as required field due to this policy.
Hence when a user tries to reset his password and specifies his email address, it gets correlated with all the users who have this same email address, then Adobe Connect would send 50 emails to these email addresses which would basically end up in the same mailbox, since they all are the same. It tries to match the email address to the email fields of all the users and starts sending emails one by one. That may result in floods of email in a single mailbox.
The only solution to avoid this problem is to make sure you are not entering the same email address while creating multiple users, when you have use email address policy set to no.
You may also turn off this policy if its not a hard requirement in your organization and then there would be no conflicts in the email address and that would be created as unique always.
There are situations when a meeting host would like to disable the Dial-in/Dial-out feature in a Connect meeting room.
Explained below are the steps that can be followed for disabling the feature and what is the expected behavior that should occur in the case of mobile devices :
- On a computer, join the meeting as a Host (the meeting must have an audio conference associated with the meeting)
- Click Meeting > Preferences > Audio Conference (see screen shot on how to set up the preferences) and click Done to save the changes
- On Computer, click Audio > Start Meeting Audio (on the desktop side, the Join Audio Conference dialog box opens up and this is expected)
- On Connect mobile, join the same meeting as a guest or participant.
- On Connect mobile, guest user would see a ‘Join teleconference’ dialog box popup which allows user to enter his phone number. However, when user enters a phone number and attempts to dial out (Call my phone), it will display a red text message stating “Dial out disabled by host”.
This is how the feature works for users on Mobile devices.
Broadcast Telephony audio : Is it expected when dial-out is disabled ?
If the host has enabled Broadcast Telephony audio in the audio conference settings in the meeting, as soon as a user joins the meeting from a mobile device, he should start hearing the hold music and also all the conversation that happens on the bridge on his mobile, although he would not be allowed to dial in our dial out from the mobile device.
The behavior on computer when logged in to a meeting as a guest and joined on mobile is the same where people will hear audio coming from their computer speakers and from the mobile device’s speakers. This is expected behavior for both guests who join meeting on computer and on mobile device where they won’t be able to dial out or dial-in and yet they will hear audio since the “Broadcast Telephony audio” is enabled.
Special Note :
If there are any users who have any confusion due to the audio broadcast for users who have dial-out disabled, they can add a note into a Note pod instructing people that they will hear only audio but cannot dial out or dial in.
You may please follow this workflow to migrate your existing SQL database/embedded database to a separate SQL database server on a different computer.
Prepare for the Migration :
Prepare for the migration by stopping all the Connect services
- Stop Adobe Connect service
- Stop Flash Media Server service
- Stop any other Connect pro services installed(Telephony/FMG/CQ)
- Take a backup of all existing contents folder(Backing up entire Connect installation folder is recommended)
- Take a backup of the existing database(You may refer Pg 87, Install Guide if needed)
Prepare new DB server
- Copy the DB backup file created in above step from existing server to the new server hosting SQL server.
- Restore the DB on the new SQL server(Refer Microsoft instructions for details)
Reflect new DB changes on Connect server
- Enter the SQL Server database information in the Application Management Console on the server hosting Adobe Connect.
- Make sure all Connect services are started
- Choose Start > Programs > Adobe Connect Server > Configure Adobe Connect Server
- Go to Database Settings
- Modify the Db hostname, DB name , login and password information and Save.
There might be certain circumstances when you might not be able to view the webcam shared in a meeting in full screen mode. You might come across this situation on some mobile devices when using an Adobe Connect meeting room.
Situations under which this might occur :
- Enter a meeting as a host from a desktop pc and start sharing your camera
- Join the same meeting as a participant from a tablet or iPad device
- Click on the webcam option from the left
- The webcam video remains in small size and does not become full screen automatically
Affected Environments Discovered until now :
Connect 9.3/9.4 Hosted/Licensed Environments
Mobile app 2.3 on tablets or iPad
Additional Information :
This has been discovered as a bug and in under investigation by our Mobile Engineering.
Please keep tracking this page for latest updates and status. Bug#3963153.
In Connect version 9.3 and later, you are able to make the screen-share control panel invisible to participants in a meeting.
To make the blue patchwork occlusion that depicts the Screen-share Control Panel disappear, enable transparency in the Windows control panel: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization\Window Color and Appearance
As the manner of enabling this will vary with operating systems and their versions, search on the theme of transparency or aero-mode as it relates to the appropriate OS version. If the aero-mode is disabled the new screen sharing dialog is also disabled. To get the new screen sharing dialog (the one with previews of the application and Windows being shared) aero-mode needs to be enabled.
Upon a few customer requests, I’m outlining the steps via which you can reset the Event templates that you use in Adobe Connect.
Steps to be Followed :
1) Login to the Connect application and goto Event Management > Event Templates
2) Choose your template and select Edit Template
3) Click on the Reset Template option from the CQ5 toolbox
4) Select the template which you would like to choose as the base template. Your modified template would show up like the base template layout after the change, so be careful in choosing the base template.
5) Click on Reset Template button and your template layout would get reset to the base template chosen in above step.
Precautionary Note :
Please ensure any customizations that you are making, should be done in your own custom templates. It is not recommended to make changes to the default system templates. You should also be careful if you have already modified your default templates and you would like to reset them.
It is best to avoid resetting default templates but rather make your own templates and modify them as per requirement. Resetting the Default templates might have unexpected effect on the templates and we might not be able to revert the changes or correct the damage.
What is a Burst Pack?
A Burst Pack is a licensing model option that allows customers to temporarily exceed licensed capacity when attendance rate in a Connect meeting room is higher than usual. This enables extra participants to join (instead of them being blocked) and deduct incremental traffic from prepaid quota, on a per-user per-minute basis.
Burst Packs are available only on hosted accounts. They are not available for licensed on-prem customers.
Why are we offering Bust Packs?
We are offering this for flexibility so that customers can temporarily exceed their current licensed capacity, in the event the attendance rate of their meeting(s) is higher than expected. Instead if blocking access to extra participants, participants can get in and their attendance is charged on a per-user per-minute basis
> Administration Dashboard
: graph to view “Burst Pack usage” (Image 1).
- y-axis represents minutes scale
- hovering over bar (chart) to show current balance value (in min)
Note: Burst Pack minutes are not calculated immediately as they are used up. It can take up to an hour (or sometimes longer) for used Burst Pack minutes to be reflected in this report.
Burst Pack Consumption Report
Under Reports > System Usage: option for “Burst Pack” in the drop-down menu (Image 2).
When the report is created, it shows differently based on which licensing model your account uses, whether Named Host or Concurrent Users. Image 3 below shows the report for Named Host licensing model. Image 4 further down shows the report generated if your account uses the Concurrent Users licensing model.
Adobe Connect can be configured to notify you when your purchased Burst Pack minutes are close to being used up, or when they have been used up entirely.
Under Administration > Account > Notifications: look for “Burst Packs” section to configure capacity alerts for burst packs (Image 5).
If you select the Display on Login Page option, then when an administrator logs in to the Adobe Connect web site, they will receive a notification similar to what is shown in Image 6.
If you select the Send Email option, then your configured administrator email account will receive an email notification similar to what is shown in Image 7.
Frequently Asked Questions relating to Burst Packs
- What is a Burst Pack? How does it work?
Burst Pack is a credit of prepaid meeting minutes. Burst Pack gives you a buffer for meetings the attendance rate of which exceeds your licensed capacity. Instead of preventing extra participants (i.e. participants above your licensed limit) from joining the room, extra participants are admitted into the room. Incremental traffic is deducted from the Burst Pack credit at the end of the meeting. For example, if you have a license limit of 10 users, and 20 users join the room for 30 minutes, then the calculation for minutes used is as follows: (Total attendance minus License Limit) times Minutes, or (20 – 10) * 30 = 300 Burst Pack Minutes Used.
- How many additional users can join with Burst Pack enabled?
Burst pack allows you to have attendees in your room up to five times your licensed limit. In other words, if your limit is 10 users, then you can have up to 50 users with Burst Pack enabled. Why this limit? It provides you with a de facto cap on the variable cost for your meeting. If you often run meetings larger than your licensed capacity, you should contact Adobe to increase your current license capacity.
- How is it possible that my usage exceeds 100% of my quota?
Because your burst pack quota may be exceeded while you are in a meeting or while your new order is being processed, Adobe allows you to go beyond quota temporarily to ensure service continuity. However failure to renew your burst pack quota and repeated overuse would result in the suspension of this feature.
- Is the reported balance accurate? How often is it updated?
The balance is updated after each meeting but it may take up to an hour (or sometimes longer) to be reflected in the graphs or reports.
- Where can I check my Burst Pack balance?
Log on Adobe Connect Central as an admin and go to Administration > Administration dashboard
- What happens if the overage quota for my account is exhausted?
Once your overage quota has been exhausted, you will no longer be able to exceed your licensed capacity. Extra participants (i.e. participants above your licensed limit) will be denied from joining meeting rooms. You should contact Adobe or your Adobe reseller to order additional overage minutes (Burst Pack).
- What happens if our overage quota is reached during a meeting session? Will the additional and/or new participants to this session be removed from the meeting?
Existing participants beyond your quota will not be removed from the room when a meeting session is in progress. However new entrants may be blocked from joining.
- Do Burst Pack minutes expire?
No. Burst Pack minutes do not expire.
We’ve identified customers may run into this issue following an upgrade from a 9.3.x to 9.4 if you use an on-premise licensed environment.
After a 9.4 upgrade you might not be able to upgrade your license file to a 9.4 compatible version as specified under Step 7 of the Patch Deployment Instructions Document.
We have identified an issue with our Licensing servers which might prohibit you from downloading the correct license file for 9.4.
Additional Information :
We are actively working on this issue with our Licensing team and Operations to sort this out as soon as possible.
If you are an affected customer, please do contact Support to let us know your information so we could inform you as soon as we have a fix applied. You may alternatively keep tracking this page for latest updates as we’ll post an update here as soon as we release a fix.
Affected Environments :
9.3.x to 9.4 Upgrade On-Premise
Update : Our Licensing servers have been updated with the fix now so this issue should be resolved. If you still come across any problems, please report your concern to our Support teams.
Adobe Connect Administration Training Videos: