Problem Description :
Invalid value “null” appears in string “Password length must be between null and null characters” in Event Registration page.
Conditions in which this issue is expected to occur :
If you are running a Connect 9 server with a version prior to 9.2.x, you might encounter this problem with your Events module in the following conditions :
- Create an Event with Register without password as “No”
- Participants try to register for the event
- Participants encounter error even though their password satisfies the requirement criteria
Environments affected :
On Premise Licensed versions on 9.x prior to 9.2.x
We have discovered this to be a known bug.Bug#2964597. This issue has already been fixed in version 9.2.x, so upgrading your server to the recent version should help resolved this issue for you.
Till the time you are unable to upgrade your server due to any restrictions, you may choose to setup your events with Register without password as “yes” while creating your events.
Please do review the following article if you are planning to setup your events without a password required :
Using Social Profile for Events (Hosted Accounts)
- Log in using an Administrator account
- Click Administration> Users and Groups> Edit Login and Password Policies
- Enable Event Managers to allow use of Social Profiles.
We can update the audio profile without interrupting the running meeting. Below are the steps to update the Audio Profile.
Open that meeting room and click on “Meeting” Button
Click on “Preferences” button in the drop down menu.
Click on “Audio Conference” and select the desired audio profile from the drop down menu under “Audio Profile Settings”
Then we get the screen with blue bar which says “Updating Audio Profile…”
Click on “Start Meeting Audio” under the audio menu in meeting.
Emoticons (status options) are a way for participants to communicate with the meeting host or presenter. Emoticons can be used to give a host or presenter feedback on their presentation- such as applause, requests to speak louder /slow down. They are also used to ask and answer questions. Adobe Connect includes the following emoticons:
- Raise Hand
- Step Away
- Speak Louder/Softer
- Speed Up/Slow Down
A participant’s emoticon appears next to their name in the Attendee Pod.
We can disable “Raise Hand” feature in the meeting room.
Below are the steps to disable the Raise Hand feature.
Open the meeting in which we want to disable the Raise Hand feature
Go to “Meeting” menu at the top left corner of the meeting then Click on “Preferences”
Click on “Attendees Pod” option then click on “Disable Raise Hand” check box and Click on done
Step By Step Video
You can refer to the below screen capture (video tutorial)
Full screen is a good feature when presenter wants the attendees to pay attention to a specific pod. This helps in increasing the engagement of participants.
There are two ways to make a pod full screen.
First -The Maximize button in pod options when clicked makes the pod full screen into the meeting room.
To restore that pod to original size, click on restore button which restores the pod.
Second :pods like video and share pod (when we are sharing something) have a button from where we can make it full screen.
Step By Step Video
Problem: How to know the host usage for connect account?
Reason: An account administrator would like to know how many meeting hosts are on the account in order to know their license utilization.
- Adobe connect provides system usage report where you can check the meeting host usage on your account.
- In order to pull up this report, you have to navigate to Reports tab -> System usage.
- In system usage report from the drop down select Group as a report type, now point meeting host group.
- Filter the report date wise and generate the report.
- Watch a video tutorial here
Problem: I have the recording URL but cannot locate it on my account.
Reason: If there are multiple folders in content section a user may not remember the path after moving a recording into the content section of the account, though the user has its URL to access the same.
- If you remember the name of the recording you can use the search option at the top right corner on your connect central. It will show you the best matched result, use the column parent folder to access the folder of the recording.
- Use the URL to play the recording, once it starts playing append &mode=xml at the end of the playback URL.
- The other way to get to the location of the recording is to play it first once it’s loaded into the browser append &mode=xml and hit return key.
- It will give you a dumb of xml data; you don’t have to do anything with that just search of the keyword sco-id copy the number from there.
- Login to the account and navigate to a meeting/recording/content on the account, now in the address bar again look for the same keyword sco-id and replace the number in front of that with the one we have copied from the xml data.
- This will show you the path of your recording you are trying to locate on the account. You can now navigate to that path.
- View a video tutorial here
Problem: Confusion regarding usage of the same URL for new meetings. While conducting a new meeting should a new URL be created every time?
Reason/Error Message or behavior: While creating each meeting start time and duration has to be specified, it should not be confused that the meeting will only be used for that particular time interval and the URL created can’t be used for the next meeting.
In adobe connect there is no restriction on using the same meeting URL for new meetings. You can always use the same URL to conduct umpteen number of sessions.
If you create a new Meeting URL it will always be on your account on the server. Each time you launch the same meeting it creates a separate session for the same Meeting room. All you can do is change the start time/duration of the room in order to send invitations to the users who are added in the participants list.
Even if you skip to change the start time/duration of the meeting room adobe will keep track of each session you will conduct with that URL.
It will be visible under reports for the meeting room. If you navigate to the meeting then choose reports and select by sessions.
You can identify each session with its start and end time.
Attendee Pod has the information about all the attendees. Sometimes there are duplicate attendees in the meeting which is caused by user error when a user opens two instances of the meeting room. In the below screenshot, we can see that a participant with the name “Adobe” appears twice in the meeting.
We can remove the duplicate users by following the below mentioned steps:
Click on the duplicate attendee which you want to remove from meeting in attendee pod.
Click on the first icon which has four bars present at the top of attendee pod -> then select “Remove Selected user”