Participants get an Enter Password prompt while registering for an Event even though Host has enabled the option to register without password
If you have created an Event and enabled the option for participants to be able to Register without the need to enter a password, you might run into this situation. Please note the clear conditions below under which this specific issue is expected to happen :
- Event Host created an Event and enabled the Register without Password option
- Participants try to register for the Event and they only get a Login & Name field options on the page
- There is no option present for a password
- When participants try to login to the actual event, instead of being able to enter the event with just their login, they still get a prompt to enter a password.
Reason behind this behavior :
- In these cases we have found that whenever users tried to register for the event, they were getting created in the system as full fledged users
- This happens due tot he fact that the Event User Policy in your account should be set to All users created should be Full System Users
- This is configurable from under Administration tab > Account > Edit Information > Event User Policy
- Due to this setting, all the participants who get registered for the event, get created as Registered System Users and which is why they are presented with a password prompt
- So if you want to have your participants for an Event be able to login to it without a password, you should make sure you have the policy turned off.
- From the below options, you can either choose option 1 -> All users created from Event are guest users or you can choose the option 3 -> where Event Managers would get the right to choose whether they want the users to enter as guest users or registered users. This option 3 would be configurable on a per Event basis in this case according tot he requirement of the event.