Public MP4 is redirecting to login page on Android and iOS devices
Currently as of Adobe Connect (hosted) 9.1.2, there is an issue with accessing public MP4 recordings on Android and iOS devices. By design, the public content should not present a login screen to the user. However, users are getting the login page on those devices when they try to access these public MP4 recordings. The fix for this has been identified and it is slated to be rolled out in the 9.2 upgrade of the Adobe Connect hosted system. Until then, the following workaround below should be followed.
The ‘workability’ of it depends on how you provide your users with the link to the MP4s. iOS users in particular, are most likely not getting these links from the web app (Connect Central) but are instead getting them from an email or other portal that is provided to them. If that is the case (for either iOS or Android), then you would just need to update the URLs (as indicated below) until we release 9.2 and provide a resolution. Here is the workaround:
- Locate the MP4 in the Content Library.
- Click to view the ‘Edit Information’ page for the recording.
- Click the ‘Download Content’ link.
- Under ‘Download output file(s)’ there is a link to download the file. Copy this URL
- Paste the URL to a notepad or document.
- You will have a URL that looks something like this example: https://myCompany.adobeconnect.com/localmp4/output/Local-z1.mp4?download=Local-z1.mp4
- Remove everything after the ‘?’ and your URL will be something like this example: https://myCompany.adobeconnect.com/localmp4/output/Local-z1.mp4
- You can provide the modified URL to your users, and the recording will stream without stopping them to ask for permissions, though it will honor any permissions settings you have on content that is not public.
Again, this issue is resolved in the upcoming 9.2 Adobe Connect release.