In Adobe Connect 9.1, there seems to a misconception sometimes among Seminar Hosts that a user in the Seminar Host group can view and modify any Seminar Room (and their recordings, etc.) on the system. This is actually not the case. Here is a summary of the permissions and scenarios in which a user who is in ONLY the Seminar Hosts group can view and modify Seminar Room information and related content/recordings.
When the permission of a Seminar Room itself is changed to:
a) Only registered users may enter the room (guest access is blocked)
b) Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room
Then we explicitly set “denied” or ”view-hidden” permission for All Users in the database for this Seminar. In that case, a Seminar Host or user performing the operation no longer has any more permissions (as he is also part of All Users) unless that user is explicitly part of the Participant list either as host or presenter OR has Administrator or Limited Administrator permissions.
What this means is that if you select any of the two above access levels for the Seminar Room when you create it (so NOT ‘Registered Users AND Accepted Guests’), then ONLY admins, limited admins, and users who have been added to the meeting as a Host or Presenter can actually edit that meeting (and change recording access levels, etc.).
The bottom line is the person who is modifying Seminar Room access should be either part of Seminar Participants or should have Administrator / Limited Administrator permissions.
So in a nutshell, these are the scenarios where Seminar Host Group members can change recording access for a seminar:
- Creators of the Seminar Room (who are obviously the host) – no matter what the access level of the room is set to. If they created it, they can edit/change things in that Seminar Room.
- A Seminar Host Group member who has been added to a room (that they didn’t create) ’s Participant List as a Host or Presenter of the room – no matter what the access level of the room is set to.
- A Seminar Host Group member who doesn’t have any Host permissions for the room but if the room is set to ‘Only registered users and accepted guests may enter the room’.
- A Seminar Host Group member who is also a Limited Administrator.
- A Seminar Host Group member who is also an Administrator.
Here are the scenarios where a Seminar Host Group member can NOT edit a room or change recording access, etc.:
- A Seminar Host Group member who is NOT also in Limited Admins Group or Admins Group and who is not a Participant (Host) in the room and the room is set to “Only registered users may enter the room (guest access is blocked) “
- A Seminar Host Group member who is NOT also in Limited Admins Group or Admins Group and who is not a Participant (Host) in the room and the room is set to “Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room”