If you have created an Event and enabled the option for participants to be able to Register without the need to enter a password, you might run into this situation. Please note the clear conditions below under which this specific issue is expected to happen :
- Event Host created an Event and enabled the Register without Password option
- Participants try to register for the Event and they only get a Login & Name field options on the page
- There is no option present for a password
- When participants try to login to the actual event, instead of being able to enter the event with just their login, they still get a prompt to enter a password.
Reason behind this behavior :
- In these cases we have found that whenever users tried to register for the event, they were getting created in the system as full fledged users
- This happens due tot he fact that the Event User Policy in your account should be set to All users created should be Full System Users
- This is configurable from under Administration tab > Account > Edit Information > Event User Policy
- Due to this setting, all the participants who get registered for the event, get created as Registered System Users and which is why they are presented with a password prompt
- So if you want to have your participants for an Event be able to login to it without a password, you should make sure you have the policy turned off.
- From the below options, you can either choose option 1 -> All users created from Event are guest users or you can choose the option 3 -> where Event Managers would get the right to choose whether they want the users to enter as guest users or registered users. This option 3 would be configurable on a per Event basis in this case according tot he requirement of the event.