User may often complain about text missing from Chat Pod of the meeting. The purpose of this guide to to explain how Chat History in retained in various aspects.
- Total history of chat saved at the server is 5,000 messages (public + pvt). This is the same history that will be e-mailed to the hosts, if they ask for it.
- When a client connects for the first time, he receives only the last 250 chat messages from the server.
- All future chats are added to his chat area.
- However when the characters in chat window exceed 50,000 it is trimmed to half i.e. all complete chat lines are kept such that total characters are less than 25,000.
- It is to be noted here that total characters present counted here are of html formatted text and also include the html tags.
- Hence number of chat lines seen at the client end are not fixed and depend upon the length of the chats and formatting.