Text Limitation in Connect Meeting Chat Pod
User may often complain about text missing from Chat Pod of the meeting. The purpose of this guide to to explain how Chat History in retained in various aspects.
- Total history of chat saved at the server is 5,000 messages (public + pvt). This is the same history that will be e-mailed to the hosts, if they ask for it.
- When a client connects for the first time, he receives only the last 250 chat messages from the server.
- All future chats are added to his chat area.
- However when the characters in chat window exceed 50,000 it is trimmed to half i.e. all complete chat lines are kept such that total characters are less than 25,000.
- It is to be noted here that total characters present counted here are of html formatted text and also include the html tags.
- Hence number of chat lines seen at the client end are not fixed and depend upon the length of the chats and formatting.