Topic Discussed : Rights for both Event Administrator and Event Manager:
Solution : In connect 9 there are two new system groups added for event license users, those are Event Administrator and Event Manager.
First we will talk about an Event Administrator :
An Event Administrator :
- Can create any number of custom templates.
- Have full control over the Event Catalog layout and branding.
- Can create shared templates, limit tags in the Event Catalog, create Reply To options for email triggers, and assign Event Manager role to the registered users.
- Manage the event tags, which in turn make it possible to filter the events in the Event Catalog.
- Can update, rename, delete, or copy existing templates
- Can apply the Featured Event tag to display an event in the Featured Events section of the Event Catalog
- Members of the Event Administrators group assign users to the Event Managers group, manage shared templates, event tags, and email aliases.
- Event Administrators can also configure analytic’ s.
Now in comparison if talk about event manager :
An Event Manager :
- Assigns attendee roles when setting up the event in the Participant Management tab.
- Can create private template
- Can only create a private copy of the shared templates.
- Can only create a private copy of the existing templates.
- Members of the Event Managers group can create events and manage their own folders in the Event library.
- If you assign a user to this group, Adobe Connect creates a folder for this user in the User folder of the Event library.
- Can manage only their individual My Events folders in the User Events folder.
- Can manage events in the Shared folders if they are hosting the event and have Manage permissions for the folder that contains the event.
- Manage their own Event library user folder, performing all file-management functions, and create and manage all aspects of an event in this folder.
- Can view event reports.