by Kaushal Mall
Is CRXDE too slow or is not loading at all? Try these steps below to possibly fix the issue.
Make sure the crxde:paths property doesn’t include anything that you dont want to load in CRXDE.
- Open the Content Explorer and browse to /etc/crxde/profiles/default, on the right hand panel there will be the crxde:paths property, this defines what nodes CRXDE will try to load. Having nodes like /content will make it slow/unresponsive.
Locate and open the CRXDE.ini file and assign more memory to CRXDE.
- On OSX right click on CRXDE.app and select Show Package Contents.
- Browse to Contents/MacOS
- Open the CRXDE.ini file and change the values for Xms, Xmx and the MaxPermSize to suit your needs and what your system will support.
Delete the .crxde folder
- CRXDE created a hidden .crxde folder under the users home directory.
- Delete that folder
Start CRXDE from command line.
- Open -a CRXDE –args -clean (This is for OSX only)
Hope this helps. Please leave a comment/question and I will try to answer them as soon as I can.