Enabling Podcasting via Contribute
What is Podcasting?
Podcasting is online audio/video content that is delivered via an RSS feed. Many people liken podcasting to radio on demand. However, in reality, podcasting gives far more options in terms of content and programming than radio does. In addition, with Podcasting, listeners can determine the time and the place, meaning they decide what programming they want to receive and when they want to listen to it. Listeners can retain audio archives to listen to at their leisure. While blogs have turned many bloggers into journalists, podcasting has the potential to turn podcasters into radio personalities.
How Podcasting works with Contribute? Here the easy steps to do it.
- Create a connection to your blog server (Which supports Enclosures) using Contribute.
- Create a new entry and insert your favorite audio or video file.You can insert via the Enclosure button in the toolbar or through the menu, Insert–> Enclosure.
- After inserting the enclosure you can see the same inserted in the enhancement bar.
- Publish the entry.
- Now open iTunes and add a podcast URL (Eg: http://.typepad.com//rss.xml )of the blog by going to Advanced-> Subscribe to podcast in iTunes.
- Right click on the URL in iTunes and click on update.
Now your favorite audio or video gets listed in iTunes.
Here is the video demo