Using Contribute, you can easily post content such as news items to your blog from RSS aggregators. You can set Contribute as your blog publishing tool in RSS aggregators such as FeedDemon (Windows) and NetNewsWire (Mac OS). You can post your favorite or interesting news clips to your blog and also add your own comments before you post it.
You need to configure FeedDemon to Post the news clips to your blog. Here are the steps how to configure:
- Open the FeedDemon application.
- Select any news item in the list.
- Click the Send To (arrow) icon, and select Blog This News Item > Configure Blog Publishing Tools.
- The Blog Publishing Tools dialog box appears
- Click Add.
- The Program dialog box appears.
- Enter the following details:
Enter Contribute in the Name text box.
Enter the command in the Command-line or URL text box. To enter the command, browse to the location where the contribute.exe file is located on your hard disk. After you select the file and the path appears in the Command Line text box, click the cursor at the end of the path; enter one space and type -mmPostToBlog.
- (Optional) Select Set As Default to have Contribute be your default blog publishing tool.
- Click OK.
- Contribute now appears in the Blog Publishing Tool dialog box.
- Click OK.
To verify whether Contribute is successfully configured in FeedDemon, do the following:
- Select any news item in FeedDemon.
- Right-click the news item.
- Select Send Item > Blog this News Item and check whether Contribute appears in the list.
Video workflow on RSS Aggregators Configuration and how it works with Contribute.
How to configure NetNewsWire on Mac?
- Open the NetNewsWire application.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Posting > Post to Web log using > Other…
- Click Weblog Editor.
In the Weblog editor application pop-up menu, browse to the location of the contribute.app file.