You might have hit with the error message “You can’t edit this page now because (username) is currently editing it. Please contact administrator for assistance” when you try to edit a page.
The reason might be:
- The user editing the page in IBE and closed the browser without publishing or discarding the edits.
- The page is currently being edited by another user.
- The publish operation for the page fails.
- Contribute was forcibly restarted during the edit process.
- The reviewer has not ended the review, or is inactive for a long time.
Then how do I unlock those pages? Try out the below scenarios.
- If you are the Site Administrator, you can unlock the file by clicking “Click here to make this page editable” in the yellow bar.
- If you are the one left the page unpublished in different machine, you can unlock the page.
- Navigate to the website source directory and manually delete the lock file.
Navigate to – "\\Documents and Settings\<Your USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\ContributeCS5\Configuration\IBETemp\". Find the lock file created in the directory. For example: If Index.htm file has been locked, the lock file created would be Index.htm.lck. Refresh the draft page. When the draft becomes blank, discard the draft and edit the page again.
- If a page has been locked during the review process, the administrator of the website can change the owner in the “Manage Sent Drafts dialog box” and remove the lock file.
- Select Edit > Administer Websites > Manage Sent Drafts.
- To view a draft, select the draft, and then click View Draft.
- To transfer ownership of a draft to another person, select the draft, and then click Change Owner.
- To remove a draft from the draft review process, select the draft, and then click Undo Checkout.
To know more about the Manage Sent Drafts refer to http://help.adobe.com/en_US/contribute/cs/using/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d1180fba3730-7b3f.html