Adobe Contribute can convert Microsoft Office documents, such as Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel spreadsheets, to PDF documents, and insert these documents in web pages or blog entry drafts.
1. In the draft, place the insertion point where you want the PDF document to appear.
2. Select Insert > Document as PDF.
The Open dialog box appears with a list of PDF Convertible Documents.
3. Select an Office document, and then click Open.
The Insert Office Document as PDF dialog box appears.
4. Select one of the following options:
Create a link to the PDF document
Converts the document to a PDF, and inserts a link to the selected document.
Insert the PDF as Embedded object
Converts the document to a PDF, and embeds the PDF document as an object.
The Insert the PDF as Embedded Object option is disabled if your website administrator has prevented embedding of PDFs.
5. Click OK.
Contribute converts the document to a PDF document and inserts it as a link or an embedded object into your draft.
Another way of doing this is “Insert a Microsoft Word or Excel document as a PDF from Microsoft Office”.
- Open a document in Microsoft Word or Excel.
- (Optional) To open only a specific section of the document in Contribute, select the section.
- To open the document in Contribute, do one of the following from the Contribute toolbar in the application:
- Select Contribute > Open In Contribute.
- Click the Open in Contribute button in the toolbar.
Or in Contribute do InsertàMicrosoft Office Document…
The Open As New Page dialog box appears.
4. Select the website where you want to place your document.
5. Click the Choose Template button to set a template for an Office document opened in Contribute.
6. (Optional) Clear the Open current selection only check box to open the entire document instead of the selection.
7. Click Open.
The Insert Microsoft Office Document dialog box appears.
You can also set the Contribute preference to be default to Insert as PDF link or embed the PDF.
8. Select Convert To PDF and create a link to the PDF or Convert To PDF and embed the PDF as Object.
9. Click OK.
Contribute converts the document to a PDF file and inserts it as a link or as an embedded object into your draft. Also, Contribute applies the selected template to the web page.