HTML5 is a new standard for HTML that enhances the browsing experience. The latest version of all major browsers supports many of HTML5 features.
What HTML5 editing support does Adobe Contribute 6.5 provides?
Using Contribute, you can edit HTML5 pages. Contribute supports insertion of HTML5 tags such as video and audio. When you create a new web page, by default, it is of HTML5 type. You are also provided with an option to convert an HTML Doctype to HTML5 Doctype.
This post will detail on the insertion of HTML5 Video and HTML5 Video Properties functionalities.
Using the HTML5 Video option, you can insert a video file of MP4, Ogg, or WebM format. Note that the support for these formats varies in different browsers. The following table displays the video formats and the supported browser versions.
|MP4||Internet Explorer 9, Google Chrome 6, Safari 5|
|Ogg||Mozilla Firefox 4.0, Google Chrome 6, Opera 10.6|
|WebM||Mozilla Firefox 4.0, Google Chrome 6, Opera 10.6|
- Open the web page that you want to edit.
- Select Insert > HTML5 > Video.
The Insert HTML5 Video dialog box appears.
Alternatively, click the HTML5 icon provided and then select Insert HTML5 Video.
- Select a video file in the appropriate field. You are provided with the following options:
- MP4 / Ogg / WebM : Select the video file based on the format. You can select the video from your computer or from a website. When you select Browse and select Video on My Computer, the videos are displayed based on the file format you selected. However, when you select the Video on Website option, videos are not displayed based on the file format you selected. If you selected a wrong format, an error message is displayed.
- Poster: Select an image that needs to be displayed as a poster.
- Display width / Display height: The width and height in which video to be displayed.
- Select the following options appropriately:
- Show video control: Selecting this check box displays the video controls such as Play, Pause, and so on in the loaded web page.
- Start playing the video when the page loads: If you select this option, the video starts playing when the page loads.
- Repeat: The video starts playing from the start after it completes playing.
- Click OK.
Modify the HTML5 Video properties by bring the Video properties dialog from the menu item Format > Video Properties or by double clicking the video.
- Open the web page.
- Double-click the video displayed.
The Video Properties dialog box appears.
- Change the video properties, such as video file of the same format, display width, display height, and video options.
- Click OK.
Video demo on Insertion of HTML5 Video