When you insert links in a web page you are editing, by default, Contribute encodes them. You might have noticed that, when a colon symbol is passed as a link parameter in a web page URL, it gets encoded as %3A when Contribute publishes the page. Sometimes you might want to insert the link as it is, so that the link is not broken because of encoding. Here is the option to do so.
Go to your 25th blog entry in 2 clicks!!
How I can go to my 25th blog entry? I have so many entries in my blog. Here Contribute gives hand in jumping to your 25th blog entry in 2 clicks. Contribute makes your life easy in WYSIWYG editing and viewing the contents of any entry in 2 clicks.
Best practices for including SWF in your blog posts while posting from Contribute
There are few best practices which can be followed for including SWF in your blog posts to make sure that the readers have a good experience.
- Do not auto-play the SWF file(s) as there’s nothing worse than going to a blog, which includes multiple posts with SWF files in them and have them all auto-play at the same time. Users encountering this issue and are unlikely to come back on the same blog again.
Do you know that data loss can be prevented using the Auto save feature in Contribute?
Users don’t have to worry about the data loss due to any unexpected events. Users can define the preferences once and stop worrying thereafter.
Just define the auto save frequency up to as low as 1 minute and save your time of rewriting the content in the case of unexpected crash
Auto save feature in Contribute saves the drafts at specified time intervals.
Following steps explains how to enable Auto save:
1. Launch Contribute Application
2. Go to Edit -> Preferences (Contribute -> Preferences in MAC).
3. Go to the second option “Editing” in the left panel
4. Enable Auto save and set the time between the ranges of 1 – 120 (minutes).
5. Contribute saves the draft at specified time intervals.
Click on the below image to view flash movie on “Enabling Auto save in Contribute”
Adobe Contribute Contribute Publishing Server