Recap of ADSC Twitterview with Johann Zimmern
Thanks for joining our Twitterview with Johann Zimmern last Friday. If you didn’t have a chance to attend or ask a question, please find below a recap of the entire Q & A session. Johann was able to answer a series of questions regarding the Adobe Digital School Collection.
If you have any additional questions or are interested in our next event, keep following this blog or find us on Twitter @AdobeEdu.
@AdobeEdu: “Welcome to our #ADSC Twitterview w/ Johann Zimmern! Thanks 4 joining!”
Q1: We’ll kick things off w/ a question we get quite often: How do you cut something out of one photo and put it on another? #ADSC
- A2: The selection tool is great for this type of task. Great video on selections tool here: http://bit.ly/wTEKgY #ADSC”
- A2: Another video on using manual selection tools to isolate an area of your image for making local adjustments http://bit.ly/ACocSG #ADSC
Q2: What’s new with #ADSC? Products or pricing?
- A2: #ADSC is now available in 50 and 100 packs for schools
Q3: What is the prime reason I should upgrade to Photoshop Elements 10? #ADSC
- A3: Top new features in Photoshop Elements = Paint Effects onto to specific photo add curving, flowing text (con’t)
- A3: (con’t) or tag using Facebook friend’s list & upload images via YouTube from the organizer bit.ly/wJt6Xm
- A3: My favorite feature in Photoshop Elements is the Photomerge Group Shot feature. Perfect for getting the right smiles on everyone! #ADSC
Q4: Why should I upgrade to Premiere Elements 10? #ADSC
- A4: Great Questions – Unified organizer, support for the latest image & video standards, new selection tools…#ADSC
- A4: (con’t) improved performance, mobile media capabilities, social media integration #ADSC
- A4: Premiere Elements 10 renders so much faster! #ADSC
- A4: Support for latest video standards is important. You never know what cameras students will have at home. #ADSC
Q5: Thinking about updating my software to this decade. Will PS Elements be enough for web graphics, logos, and photo edits? #ADSC
- A5: Yes, Elements will do the job but you might check out the Adobe Fireworks CS5 that specializes in Web graphics. #ADSC
Q6: What are some good starting tutorials for Premiere Elements? #ADSC
- A6: Premiere Elements tutorials are available free via Adobe TV at bit.ly/w2ZfMR #ADSC
Q7: We have a lot of choir here when you talk about #ADSC. I’m mainly on Windows. Anyone use #Elements on Mac? Seeing any difference?
- A7: Virtually no difference from Windows to Mac, now that Mac has Organizer. The Slideshow in PSE is only for Windows, tho. #ADSC”
- @tekcoord: “@ldickes The #Organizer in #ADSC is great. I love that it handles almost any media form.”
Q8: Is there a tutorial somewhere on creating time-lapse video from a series of images in Premiere Elements? #ADSC”
- A8: Check out the help documentation “Capture stop-motion & time-lapse video” here bit.ly/z4rX4u #ADSC
- A8: It is amazingly easy. Take pictures. Drop them in the timeline. Select all. Reduce time to 1/30th of a second each. Render.
Q9: Our question for you… Are you using Acrobat X for ePortfolios #ADSC
- A9: I use Acrobat X ePortfolios to send multiple PDFs in a single file. Pretty slick. #ADSC
- A9: Yes! Using Acrobat Pro for ePortfolios! And not only for students – I use the heck out of them to organize my own content. #ADSC
- A9: Yes, use Acrobat X for ePortfolio and also ask students to create them in various classes. #ADSC
- A9: ADSC Here is an article I wrote on creating tenure portfolios with Acrobat 8, and X makes much easier, preview.tinyurl.com/8y9szcm
- A9: ADSC Using Acrobat X for all presentations insures audience will have no trouble playing or viewing. Best product for sharing presentations