Can you step outside of your comfort zone? Bounce back from failures? Cultivate new skills? This is what great artists and great creatives do every single day — they follow their curiosity, they stretch themselves, and they ask for more.
This will to constantly raise the bar on success has always been a hallmark of great creative minds. And as we enter a new era of work—where the pace of change is faster than ever and job descriptions change in the blink of an eye—the need to develop a regular practice for honing your creative skill set is only becoming more urgent.
To help you do just that, I’m thrilled to introduce 99U’s new book, Maximize Your Potential, the sequel to Manage Your Day-to-Day. Focusing on how to get the most out of your career in the long term, Maximize assembles insights around four key areas that we believe are essential to making the most of your talents: identifying and creating new opportunities, cultivating your expertise over time, building collaborative relationships, and learning how to take bold risks.
Dedicating a chapter to each of these focus areas, we invited 21 incredible creative minds to share their wisdom. Just a quick sampling of contributions to the book includes:
- Ben Casnocha on: Rediscovering your entrepreneurial instinct
- Tony Schwartz on: Developing mastery through deliberate practice
- Joshua Foer on: Learning to live outside your comfort zone
- Heidi Grant Halvorson on: Adopting a “growth mindset”
- Scott H. Young on: Reprogramming your daily habits
- Michael Bungay Stanier on: Building resilient relationships
- Jonathan Fields on: Leaning into uncertainty
As with all books in the 99U series, Maximize Your Potential has been lovingly (and meticulously) designed by the Behance team. We currently have a deluxe paperback version and a Kindle version available.
To peek inside the content and the book itself, check out the book trailer and a host of beautiful interior shots below.
Get the book – www.amazon.com/99u
Watch the trailer: