Today Adobe PhoneGap was named a 2012 Technology of the Year Award recipient by IDG’s InfoWorld Test Center! Selected by editors and reviewers from the InfoWorld Test Center, the annual awards identify the best and most innovative products on the IT landscape that were tested in the past year and PhoneGap was selected for being the leading open source mobile framework for cross-platform app development.
We are immensely proud of our team and community for haven been recognized by InfoWorld with this award. According to Andre Charland, Adobe’s director of engineering for PhoneGap, “We have a hardworking community contributing to PhoneGap and this award is a great recognition of their efforts.” Great work all!
Adobe MAX 2011 kicked off in Los Angeles today with seven announcements. Below are the highlights:
- Adobe Creative Cloud, a major new initiative, redefines the content creation process. It will become the focal point for the worldwide creative community, where creative professionals can access desktop and tablet applications, creative services, and share their best work with peers.
- Adobe Touch Apps, a family of six intuitive touch screen applications, designed for Android and iOS tablets, enables creative professionals to explore ideas and present their work anytime, anywhere. The apps include:
- Adobe Photoshop Touch allows users to transform images with core Photoshop features and create new images by combining photos, choosing elements to edit, and applying filters and other effects.
- Adobe Collage helps creatives capture and refine ideas and concepts by allowing them to combine inspirational images, drawings, text and Creative Suite files into modern, conceptual mood boards.
- Adobe Debut allows creative professionals to present designs to clients and stakeholders virtually anywhere, opening tablet-compatible versions of Creative Suite files for convenient and beautiful viewing on the tablet.
- Adobe Ideas is an easy-to-master, vector-based tool for drawing, using either a stylus or a finger.
- Adobe Kuler makes it easy to generate color themes that can inspire any design project.
- Adobe Proto enables the development of interactive wireframes and prototypes for websites and mobile apps on a tablet using gestures and a touch-based interface.
Catch the apps in action
- Adobe acquires privately held Typekit Inc., a leader in the delivery of hosted, high-quality fonts for use on websites. Available as a subscription-based cloud service, Typekit’s vast font library gives designers and developers creative license to deliver beautiful type that enhances the web experience.
- Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition allows freelance designers and small design firms to publish interactive content created with Adobe InDesign CS5.5 on the Apple iPad tablet device. Additionally, WoodWing Software will now offer Adobe Digital Publishing Suite as its sole tablet publishing solution.
- LG and TiVo become the latest partners to bring Adobe Flash based applications via Adobe AIR to connected TVs and digital home devices.
- Adobe announced the availability of Flash Player 11 and AIR 3, a milestone release that will enable the next generation of immersive application experiences across devices and platforms.
Tune in tomorrow, 10/4 at 10:00 a.m. PT for Day Two keynote as we explore the best solutions for delivering highly expressive and usable experiences, both in the browsers and as apps. We’ll look at a variety of technologies and products such as Flash and HTML, highlighting current opportunities, and peering into the not-so-distant future: max.adobe.com/online.