After gathering your comments and feedback from the Lightroom 4 Beta, the Lightroom team is excited to share that starting today, Lightroom 4 is available for just US$149 for the full version and US$79 for the upgrade. The Lightroom 4 Beta was about validating the work that was done to leverage performance and image quality enhancements, like the ability to geotag photos and view them on a map, the new book module or entirely new features like enhanced video support. Thanks to fantastic community feedback, the team made over 800 tweaks.
To learn more about Lightroom 4 and how to purchase it, visit the Lightroom blog.
Today Adobe announced the free public beta of Photoshop Lightroom 4, the digital photography workflow solution for both professional and amateur photographers. Available for Windows and Mac as a free download from Adobe Labs, the Lightroom 4 beta previews new workflow efficiencies, and features for image processing and management.
New features in Lightroom 4 beta include:
- Refined technology for shadow and highlight processing
- Native support for videos shot on DSLRs, point-and-shoot cameras and smartphones
- The ability to create beautiful photo books from within Lightroom
- An intuitive Map module with tagging controls for assigning locations
- Soft proofing in the Develop module
- Direct emailing of images from Lightroom
We encourage photographers to try the beta release and share feedback; there are a few avenues to do this:
We’re really pleased with the new capabilities and expect that you will be, too. We look forward to your thoughts and comments!